Editorial by Drs Michael F. Roizen of the Cleveland Clinic and Jeffrey D. Roizen of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
The father-and-son coauthors write in response to the latest research paper reporting linking higher vitamin D levels to better health outcomes.
Chance of death after non-cardiac surgery reduced 2X by Vitamin D – Aug 2014
They recommend at least 50 ng
No comment on the first page (free) about the use of a loading dose to get to that level in a few days instead of a few months.
- Is 50 ng of vitamin D too high, just right, or not enough
- Overview Loading of vitamin D
- Trauma and surgery category listing has
298 items along with related searches
- Hospital or ICU death about twice as likely if low vitamin D – March 2014
- 3X more likely to die within 3 months of being in ICU for 2 days if less than 20 ng vitamin D – Sept 2013
- Chance of dying within 1 month of entering hospital is 45 percent higher if low vitamin D – July 2013
- Almost 6X more likely to die after coronary bypass if vitamin D deficient – Dec 2012When It Comes to Raising Vitamin D Levels, Anesthesiologists Advised—"Don't Be Wimpy!" – Sept 2014
4070 visitors, last modified 24 Aug, 2014,