- Treat secondary hyperparathyroidism in patients with stage 3 or 4 chronic kidney disease (CKD) and vitamin D insufficiency.
- US Pat. No. 8,778,373
- Standard vitamin D is not available to much of the body when the kidney is not working
- Standard active vitamin D has a very short half life, so time release form should be an excellent improvement - see other options below
- Calcitriol category listing has
54 items along with related searches
- Vitamin D3 vs serum D3 (Calcitriol, HyD) – Jan 2012
- Vitamin D3 becomes Calcidiol which becomes Calcitriol
- Nano-encapsulated of Vitamin D3, Calcidiol, calcitriol look promising, esp time release – Dec 2012 7 day!!
- Overview Kidney and vitamin D
- Getting Vitamin D into your body
- Modified release active Vitamin D (calcifediol ) for those with poor Kidney function (USD 10,000 per year) – April 2015
- Modified-Release Calcifediol Corrects Vitamin D Deficiency, Secondary Hyperparathyroidism in Chronic Kidney Disease Nov 2014
They found Modified-Release Calcifediol did much better than a placebo. Apparently did not test it against Vitamin D
- Modified-release oral calcifediol corrects vitamin D insufficiency with minimal CYP24A1 upregulation Nov 2014
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki.
One of many charts in the PDF
Time-release form of active vitamin D granted a patent for chronic kidney disease – July 2014
6703 visitors, last modified 26 Jul, 2015,