In case of emergency you probably want to get vitamin D into the bloodstream as quickly as possible.
Fat soluable vitamins decrease quickly after trauma
Without getting an injection, it appears that a vitamin D spray is the fastest way.
The following study indicates that spraying the vitamin D on the cheeks is faster than sublinqual.
Note: I have just ordered a 3,000 IU/spray bottle for use in emergencies. Henry Lahore Feb 2013
I plan on spraying vitamin D about 10 times (30,000 IU) inside the cheek in case of trauma, onset of flu, etc.
Study was made on pigs - which have similar mouth characteristics to humans.
It is far far easier to remove tongues, inner cheeks from dead pigs than from live humans
Looking at the number of data points one can guess that there were a lot of dead pigs
Their formulation appears to be absorbed both faster and better than 2 other formulations
- 3,000 IU,
- 1,000 IU
- 400 IU sizes
- 200 IU Vitamin D3 per spray along with B1, B6, and Folic acid for pregnancy
They suggest 5 sprays per day @ 200 IU = 1,000 IU (but at least 6,000 IU appears to be needed
Amazon had 22 Vitamin D sprays as of Nov 2020
Some of which include Vitamin K2
- 8 pounds ($12.80) per bottle which contains 100 sprays of 3,000 IU per spray
- *which is approx 21 cents per 5,000 IU - which is OK
- Other forms of vitamin D (capsule, liquid, etc.) are much less expensive than sprays.
- but other forms are not absorbed so quickly, and most need your gut to be working properly.
- Nanoemulsion Vitamin D may be a substantially better form
- The lungs can activate vitamin D locally – a Vitamin D inhaler may help lungs – Aug 2016
- Might be faster than buccal - but need an atomizer
- Mucosal membranes (mouth, lungs, nose, intestines, etc) can activate Vitamin D – July 2020
- More than the mouth can activate Vitamin D
- Sublingual Vitamin D sometimes is better than tablet – April 2020
- Alternatives if not swallow pills or not absorb vitamin D
- Sublingual vitamin D
- Vitamin D sprayed inside cheeks 2X more response (poor gut) – RCT Oct 2015
- Forms of Vitamin D category listing has
95 items along with related searches
Getting Vitamin D into your body has the following summary chart
Vs Time for spray on the cheek is about 4 hours, perhaps 8X faster!
Short URL for this page = http://is.gd/DLuxCheekSpray vitamin D inside cheek in case of emergency - Nov 2012
8007 visitors, last modified 29 Nov, 2020,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)Forms of Vitamin D 95 Top news 849
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 1791 Spray F7.jpg admin 06 Dec, 2012 18:34 33.25 Kb 5552 1790 Spray F8.jpg admin 06 Dec, 2012 17:56 25.08 Kb 11674 1789 Spray T6.jpg admin 06 Dec, 2012 17:51 28.50 Kb 5569 1788 Spray T5.jpg admin 06 Dec, 2012 17:51 23.88 Kb 5822 1787 Vitamin D Spray trial.pdf admin 06 Dec, 2012 17:50 6.05 Mb 2921