Expert Rev Respir Med. 2018 Jun 8. doi: 10.1080/17476348.2018.1486710. Epub ahead of print
Principi N1, Esposito S2.
1 Università degli Studi di Milano , Milano , Italy.
2 Pediatric Clinic, Department of Surgical and Biomedical Sciences , Università degli Studi di Perugia , Perugia , Italy.
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia treated by vitamin D if person was deficient – RCT Sept 2018
- Severe Pneumonia (CAP) results in death 2 times more often if very low vitamin D – July 2016
- Pneumonia patients 3 X more likely to die if low vitamin D – meta-analysis Sept 2017
- Pneumonia 2.6X more likely if low vitamin D – April 2013 seniors
- Pneumonia is less frequent in people with more than 35 ng of vitamin D – Nov 2013
has the following chart
Breathing category starts with the following
- Search VitaminDWiki for Pneumonia 1,360 items as of July 2019
- Search VitaminDWiki for phrase "COMMUNITY PNEUMONIA" 99 items - Jan 2020
- Search VitaminDWiki for BRONCHITIS 272 items as of July 2019
- Search VitaminDWiki for (asthma OR asthmatic) in title 574 items - March 2021
- COPD Overview
- Search VitaminDWiki for Wheeze 1480 items as of July 2020
- Cystic Fibrosis category listing has
42 items along with related searches
- Air Pollution reduces Vitamin D
- Note: Air Pollution reduces UVB and keeps people indoors, both reduce Vitamin D
- Smoking reduces vitamin D
Supplementing with Vitamin D will improve the health of smokers and might decease craving
- Overviews at VitaminDWiki:
Allergy Lung Cancer TB Asthma Influenza Colds and flu Pneumonia Respiratory infections
Have the health problems increased so slowly that,
like the slowly heated frog, we have not noticed?
- Antibiotics and Vitamin D are associated with many of the same diseases
- Antibiotic usage US map is very similar to obesity US map - June 2015
Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) remains one of the most common reasons for paediatric morbidity and accounts for about 16% of all the deaths occurring in children less than 5 years of age. Areas covered: The main aim of this paper is to discuss the emerging problems for CAP treatment in paediatric age. Expert commentary: Official recommendations for therapeutic approaches to paediatric CAP, despite being not very recent, seem still to be the best solution to assure the highest probabilities of cure for children with this disease living in industrialized countries.
Amoxicillin remains the drug of choice and use of macrolides alone or in combination does not seem supported by solid evidence. Corticosteroids can be useful in CAP associated with bronco-obstruction, whereas their effectiveness in cases with a severe inflammatory response, although plausible, is not supported by data collected through randomized, placebo-controlled trials. Finally, for the administration of vitamin C and vitamin D, the available data are not adequate to draw firm conclusions regarding the real importance of supplementation. Further studies are needed to evaluate which modifications of presently available recommendations for paediatric CAP treatment can improve final prognosis of this still common disease.
PMID: 29883232 DOI: 10.1080/17476348.2018.1486710Pneumonia is increasing (now 1 in 6 child deaths), more vitamin D studies needed – June 2018
1964 visitors, last modified 16 Sep, 2018,
- Air Pollution reduces Vitamin D