Some vitamin D capsules can be twisted open and put the tastless powder on food, in drinks, or directly on your tongue
Example Bio-Tech Pharmacal tiny 5,000 IU and 50,000 IU capsules contain water-soluble powder
Some vitamin D is available as liquid, spray, topical, injection (monthly), etc
Low Cost vitamin D - including liquid and bulk
You do not even have to remember to take vitamin D on a regular basis
- Just put all the the vitamin D for a month in a cup
- As you remember to do so during the month, take the vitamin D from the cup
- If needed, toward the end of the month take remaining capsules at a faster rate.
- Note: It is actually OK to take the vitamin D only twice a month, daily is not needed.
- Note: Some people (taking 50,000 IU capsules) would just take one capsule at the beginning of the month and put one capsule in the cup to be taken weeks later
Can get Vitamin D from the sun and/or UVB lamps
Vitamin D from low-cost UVB lamps
Can fortify your entire family with vitamin D
At the beginning of the month put enough vitamin D for the entire family into some food/beverage which will be consumed over 2-4 weeks.
- Example month of fortification:100,000 IU for each adult, 15,000 IU for each child
2 adults and 4 children = 200,000 + 60.000 = 260,000 IU
Stir into jam, fruit juice, butter, . . .
Note - this assumes that each person eats the fortified food-stuff in proportion to their body weight
- Example: make fortified bread, pancakes, etc for the entire family on a weekly basis.
- Vitamin D home fortification- don't wait 100 years for your govt
- Vitamin D can fortify a variety of food and drinks – even beer – March 2012
Food rarely has enough vitamin D to be useful
Vitamin D content of over 400 types of food
Can’t Swallow a Pill? There’s Help for That New York Times Sept 2015
- "And 20 % to 40 % (of children) are unable to swallow a standard-size pill or capsule, according to a recent study in the journal Pediatrics."
- “A teenager can have just as many problems as a 5-year-old. It likely has to do with anxiety and the negative associations with swallowing a pill.”
- "Many never outgrow the problem. Harris Interactive reported that 40 % of American adults have difficulty swallowing pills"