Overview Gut and vitamin D has the following summary
- Gut problems result in reduced absorption of Vitamin D, Magnesium, etc.
- Celiac disease has a strong genetic component.
- Most, but not all, people with celiac disease have a gene variant.
- An adequate level vitamin D seems to decrease the probability of getting celiac disease.
- Celiac disease causes poor absorption of nutrients such as vitamin D.
- Bringing the blood level of vitamin D back to normal in patients with celiac disease decreases symptoms.
- The prevalence of celiac disease, not just its diagnosis, has increased 4X in the past 30 years, similar to the increase in Vitamin D deficiency.
- Review in Nov 2013 found that Vitamin D helped
Many intervention clinical trials with vitamin D for Gut problems (101 trials listed as of Sept 2019)
- All items in category gut and vitamin D
Overview Gut and vitamin D contains gut-friendly informationGut-friendly, Sublingual, injection, topical, UV, sunshine
Getting Vitamin D into your body has the following chart
Getting Vitamin D into your body also has the following
If poorly functioning gut
Bio-D-Mulsion Forte – especially made for those with poorly functioning guts, or perhaps lacking gallbladder
Sublingual – goes directly into bloodstream
you can make your own sublinqual by dissovling Vitamin D in water or use nano form
Oil: 1 drop typically contains 400 IU, 1,000 IU, or 4,000 IU, typically not taste good
Topical – goes directly into bloodstream. Put oil on your skin, Use Aloe vera cream with Vitamin D, or make your own
Vaginal – goes directly into bloodstream. Prescription only?
Bio-Tech might be useful – it is also water soluble
Vitamin D sprayed inside cheeks (buccal spray) - several studies
and, those people with malabsorption problems had a larger response to spray
Inject Vitamin D quarterly into muscle, into vein, or perhaps into body cavity if quickly needed
Nanoparticles could be used to increase vitamin D getting to the gut – Oct 2015
Poor guts need different forms of vitamin D has the following
Guesses of Vitamin D response if poor gut
Bio Form Speed Duration 10 Injection ($$$)
or Calcidiol or Calcitriol
D - Slow
Long 10 Sun/UVB Slow Long 10 Topical
(skin patch/cream, vagina)
Normal 9 Nanoemulsion -mucosal
perhaps activates VDR
Fast Normal 9? Inhaled (future) Fast Normal 8 Bio-D-Mulsion Forte Normal Normal 6 Water soluble (Bio-Tech) Normal Normal 4 Sublingual/spray
(some goes into gut)
Fast Normal 3 Coconut oil based Slow Normal 2 Food (salmon etc.) Slow Normal 2 Olive oil based (majority) Slow Normal
10= best bioavailable, 0 = worst, guesses have a range of +-2
Speed: Fast ~2-6 hours, Slow ~10-30 hours
Duration: Long ~3-6 months, Normal = ~2 months
Gut category listing contains the following
197 items in GUT category - see also Overview Gut and vitamin D,
- Ulcerative Colitis and Vitamin D - many studies 12+
- "celiac disease" OR CD 1830 items July 2019
- IBS or IBD or IRRITABLE BOWEL in title of 41 VitaminDWiki pages as of Aug 2022
- Gut-Friendly forms of vitamin D
- such as: bio-emulsion, topical, spray, sublingual, inhaled, injection .
32 items along with related searches.
Items in both VitaminDWiki categories of Gut and UV are listed here: