This page is in two sections: WHAT TO DO, followed by DETAILS
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A staggering body of evidence and study points to vitamin D as a better flu deterrent than a flu shot.
Greatly reduce your chance of getting the flu by taking just one vitamin D capsule twice a month
Buy a bottle of 50,000 IU of vitamin D3 capsules and mark your calendar to take one every second week
On the assigned day take your sunshine in a capsule and then mark it off.
If you forget to look at your calendar for a few days, you can take the capsule days later.
Example, every other Sunday|
Sounds like a lot of vitamin D, but it is actually just 0.00125 grams = 1.250 milligrams = 1250 mcg (micrograms)
This is the same weight as just 6 grains of salt
Even a tiny grain of rice weighs 20X more than 50,000 IU of vitamin D
One bottle of 50,000 IU vitamin D3 capsules, which costs less than $26 (including shipping), provides vitamin D benefits for 12 months.
Within 2 months you will most likely experience some of the following vitamin D side-effects:
- Fewer colds, aches, pains, headaches, allergies
- Feeling younger, sexier, more fertile
- Reduced back pain, blood pressure, winter blues, weight
- Better Sleep, hair
(Following is only on the press release)
CLICK HERE for papers, videos, studies, which document how vitamin D reduces Flu
800 IU vitamin D is much better than vaccine, and 2000 IU vitamin D is far better
CLICK HEREfor chart details
Each additional 4 ng of vitamin D in blood reduced chance of the Flu by 7%
Example: increase from 10 ng to 60 ng ==> reduce infection by 88%
Prevent colds and flu with vitamin D many articles
Dr. Oz and Yale Flu Prevention Director Dec 15, 2011
Both say you should have 2,000 IU of vitamin D daily during flu season, in addition to the flu vaccinne
YouTube has more 32,000 videos on vitamin D and (Influenza OR flu) - examples
- Vitamin D is better than ANY vaccine and increases the immune system by 3-5 times 300,000 views
- Dr. Mercola: First Thing To Do When a Cold or Flu Strikes Nov 2015, 276,000 views
- Vitamin D Kills FLU Interview of Dr. Cannell, 2009
Vitamin D Council and Dr. Cannell
- Dr. Cannell discovered that after giving all of his patients vitamin D that they all managed to avoid the flu.
This might have been one of the reasons he later created the Vitamin D Council
- Influenza "Effect of flu shots "modest" at best"
- Pneumonia Taking 1000-5000 IU/day vitamin D greatly lowers the risk of flu and pneumonia.
- Quotes from Vitamin D Council from Feb 2010
"Vitamin D is perhaps the single most powerful nutrient in the known universe for preventing influenza".
Mike Adams, natural health researcher and author.
Within 2 months you will also likely experience one or more of these additional benefits: (click underlined items for more information)
Fewer colds 1 2 3 4 (Sci Am 2009) aches, chronic pain, headaches, allergies
Feeling younger, sexier, more fertile
Reduced back pain, blood pressure, winter blues, weight
Better Sleep, Hair
What if a person already has the flu?
Perhaps take 3 capsules per day (see notes below)
Clipped from a 2008 paper by Dr. Cannell
"Theoretically, pharmacological doses of vitamin D (2,000 IU/kg/day for three days) may produce enough of the naturally occurring antibiotic cathelicidin to cure common viral respiratory infections, such as influenza and the common cold, but such a theory awaits further science."
Notes: Pharmacological dose = The dose needed to make a drug medically effective in treating an illness.
A 200 lb (91 kg) person would thus need about 3 of the 50,000 IU capsules daily for 3 days
Pharmacological dose is less than 1/30 of the Toxic level of vitamin D for 3 days
Loading doses equal to Pharmacological dose are common
Flu vaccine = controversy CLICK HERE
Even though many studies show the the flu vaccine to be not very effective, "not much better than placebo, "of moderate benefit
you might want to cover all bases and have vitamin D AND the vaccine - Possible exception: Pregnancy
See also VitaminDWiki
- Reduction in Cold and Flu with Vitamin D
- 7X less risk of influenza if Vitamin D levels higher than 30 ng – Oct 2017
- Overview Seniors and Vitamin D
- Overview Diabetes and Vitamin D just 2,000 IU reduce chance of diabetes by 7X
- Overview Deficiency of Vitamin D
- Overview of Influenza and Vitamin D
- Overview Cardiovascular and Vitamin D 2,000+IU of vitamin D helps blood pressure, etc.
- Overview Cancer reduction and Vitamin D - about 4,000 IU to Cancers such as Breast, Lung, Prostate, Colon, etc.
- All items in Immunity and Vitamin D
- Avoiding the hot sun in the Middle East results in having Winter diseases in the Summer
- If you only take a single supplement it should be Vitamin D VitaminDWiki and Reader's Digest April 2010
- 7,000 seniors are getting an average of 40,000 IU of vitamin D every two weeks to reduce falls/fractures
- 2500-4000 IU of vitamin D daily to reduce all-cause mortality by 18%
- Workshop on Vitamin D for Seniors many of your questions answered on a single web page
- Vitamin D recommendations from around the world
- On the epidemiology of influenza – 2008
- Be sure that you take D3 not D2 includes the reasons and photos of D2 pills to avoid
A single 50,000 IU capsule vs 24 ibuprofin capsules to reduce flu symptoms
See also Web
- Can Vitamin D Replace Flu Shots? Wall Street Journal Dec 2010
>38 ng half as likely to get the flu
- Vitamin D better than vaccine date = Dec 2010?
200 viruses cause influenza and influenza-like illness
At best, vaccines might be effective against only influenza A and B, which represent about 10% of all circulating viruses.
They used data from all over the world, from the last 110 years, to show that influenza death rates go up as vitamin D producing UV light goes down.
Furthermore the differences were staggering, with influenza death rates 20 to 600 times higher during months when vitamin D cannot be made in the skin.
short URL for this page = is.gd/vitdfluReduce probability of getting the Flu
15929 visitors, last modified 31 Jan, 2018,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 940 Flu map.jpg Dec 15 2011 US admin 17 Dec, 2011 01:46 81.78 Kb 2097 937 month.gif admin 15 Dec, 2011 22:34 3.27 Kb 3306 920 flu vaccine.jpg admin 06 Dec, 2011 21:12 24.29 Kb 8228 910 vitamin-d-and-IBProfin.jpg admin 02 Dec, 2011 15:13 77.69 Kb 12190