Vitamin D Society Press Release
- Compaired Canadian govt studies
- For ages of 6 thru 79 years old
- 2009 average = 67.7 nmol/L
- 2011 average = 63.5 nmol/L
- = 6.2% drop
- The most recent Canadian data is from 2011. Levels most likely has fallen even further since then.
- 63.5 nmol/L = 25.4 ng in 2011
- Vitamin D Recommendations around the world - IU and ng many recommend 30, 40, 50, 60 ng
- Percent of population with less than 20 ng of vitamin D has the following graph
Notice that 61% of Canadians had less than even 20 ng.
- Overview Deficiency of vitamin D
has a chart showing number of US residents with >30 ng dropped by 50% in 16 years
(Which is an average drop of 6 % every two years – similar to the drop seen in Canada)
Short url = http://is.gd/ncWVdh