“According to a recent survey, vitamin D deficiency increased 6-fold in the country during the last decade,” IRNA quoted him as saying. Last year (ended March 19) in cities including Mashhad, the rate of vitamin D deficiency was more than 75%. The rate fell to less than 6%, after vitamin D supplements were distributed among students for a period of nine months, he added.
TEHRAN — Iron and vitamin D supplements are being distributed among high school girls over the current Iranian school year (September 23, 2015-June 20, 2016), the deputy health minister said.
“Over the current school year we have distributed iron and vitamin D supplements among 3.2 million school girls,” Ali-Akbar Sayyari told Fars news agency.
“Considering the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency among school girls, distribution of supplements is a priority for us,” Sayyari added.
“We have also educated 500,000 students as health ambassadors nationwide,” he noted, adding, “Additionally we have initiated campaigns which call for healthy diet, getting enough exercise, and avoiding smoking.”
Sayyari stated that the cooperation between health and education ministries on health issues and raising awareness among students has well-improved for the past two years.
- Is the Iranian Revolution to Blame for the Increasing Incidence of Multiple Sclerosis in Iran
- Vitamin D deficiency (less than 14 ng) all seasons in Iran – 2011
- Turkey gave 400 IU vitamin D to all infants and reduced Rickets by 60X - 2011
- Iran giving seniors 5,000 IU of vitamin D - monthly unfortunately - March 2015
- MS new cases increased 2.5X in 2 years in Isfahan Iran – Aug 2011
- Iran Multiple Sclerosis review finds huge increase in women (no mention of clothing) – Nov 2013 has the following
Dress codes in the Middle East - strongly enforced in cities in Iran
- Middle East category
127 items total
- Overview Middle East and vitamin D
5450 visitors, last modified 11 Jun, 2016, URL: