Life Sciences https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2019.116744
Autoimmune category starts with
147 items in Autoimmune category
- Overviews of Vitamin D and MS Asthma RA Diabetes Gut Allergy Hay Fever Muscular Dystrophy
- Lupus category has
59 items Psoriasis category has 53 items
- Autoimmune disease clusters run in families having low D
10 studies of Autoimmune and Vitamin D Receptor
- How Vitamin D reduces inflammation, improves immunity and fights autoimmunity – review Dec 2018
- 120 doctors and 20,000 MS patients using high dose Vitamin D Dec 2018
- Vitamin D has treated Multiple Sclerosis and autoimmune diseases for 16 years – Coimbra April 2018
- Many autoimmune diseases associated with low vitamin D or poor Vit D genes – July 2019
The prevalence of autoimmune diseases (ADs) has increased over the past few decades. Vitamin D deficiency is a common factor in many of these diseases, whose etiology remains poorly understood. The objective of this study was to review published data on the role of vitamin D in ADs. Vitamin D insufficiency has been described as an important factor in the development of some ADs, generally attributed to the key role of this vitamin in the immune system.
Most studies show that adequate supplementation can prevent and improve the development of some of these diseases, although the optimal vitamin D dose remains controversial. We highlight the importance of measuring serum vitamin D levels of the population and developing strategies to improve and maintain levels with no health risks.