Vitamin D supplementation for depression in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: killing two birds with one stone?
Arch Womens Ment Health. 2015 Jul 16. [Epub ahead of print]
Xiang S1, Wu Y, Wang L, Hua F.
1Department of Endocrinology, Third Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Changzhou, 213003, Jiangsu, China.
1 page letter to editor, Case report - 1 woman
1200 IU daily for 6 months
Raised vitamin D level from 16 ng ==> 43 ng
PCOS and depression both decreased
Proof that Vitamin D Works 81 birds as of Sept, 2017
3 to 55 X more likely to have these health problems if low Vitamin D
54 health problems associated with vitamin D which have increased > 3X.
Does not count those health problems which have only increased 2X to 3X
- Fertility problem (PCOS) reduced by vitamin D: many studies
- PCOS treated by a combination of Vitamin D and Omega-3 – RCT Oct 2018
- Women with PCOS 4 X more likely to develop T2 Diabetes (no surprise, both associated with low vitamin D) - Aug 2017
- ALL of the top 10 health problems of women are associated with low vitamin D
- Overview Women and Vitamin D which has the following chart