~Highlights from Sidney Morning Herald Aug 2011
- 2010: nearly 3 million tests for levels of vitamin D costing Australia almost $100 million.
- The number has grown more than 50-fold in a decade - and has doubled in just two years
- Screening during pregnancy could add 300,000 to the total.
They are considering vitamin D testing for all pregnancies - but they see a large direct cost, but not the huge cost savings
It would be far less expensive and far better for the women to just have them take about 4,000 IU of vitamin D daily
- - - - - - -
- All items in Vitamin D Testing 51items as of March 2012
- Australia is considering cutting vitamin D testing – March 2011
- Vitamin D: Before, During, and After Pregnancy
- Hypothesis – Black births are much riskier due to lack of vitamin D – April 2011 Especially dark skin pregnancies
- Canadians losing yet another free medical test - vitamin D Nov 2010
- 6th Canadian province may stop paying for vitamin D testing – Sept 2010 Ontario - and summarize others
- 73 percent of Australians had too little vitamin D a decade ago – Dec 2011