Influenza vaccination and respiratory virus interference among Department of Defense personnel during the 2017-2018 influenza season
Vaccine 38 (2020) 350-354 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2019.10.005
Greg G. Wolff
Armed Forces Health Surveillance Branch Air Force Satellite, 2510 5th Street, Bldg 840, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433, United States
Vaccination increased infection from 2017 Coronavirus infection by 1.36 X
Vaccination increased infection from 2009 Coronavirus infection by 2 X
Will Vaccination increase infection from 2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Perhaps the influenza vaccine will increase the risk of COVID-19 (it did by 2X for COVID-2009) - Sept 2020
- 4 radically different flu vaccine viewpoints - which are correct?
- Influenza virus might be prevented and treated by Vitamin D, if no vaccination – Aug 2018
- 7X less risk of influenza if Vitamin D levels higher than 30 ng – Oct 2017
- Flu vaccine effectiveness and side effects
- 10X reactions to flu vaccine when vitamin D deficient
- Number of people to treat to prevent 1 case of flu: Vitamin D 4, Vaccination 40 – Feb 2017
If you have want to prevent influenza and have severely low vitamin D
the number needed to prevent with Vitamin D is 4
the number needed to prevent with flu shots is 40
Flu has the following
Vitamin D fights all phases of Influenza
- FACT: Vitamin D PREVENTS Influenza 7X lower risk
- FACT: Vitamin D SUPRESSES Influenza ( Vitamin D Hammer )
- Single dose of 50,000 IU of vitamin D stops Influenza symptoms
- FACT: Vitamin D PREVENTS & SUPRESSES Sepsis which is a rare but deadly consequence of Influenza
- FACT: Vitamin D enhances the activity of vaccines.
- FACT: improves Flu vaccine effectiveness and reduces side effects
- FACT: Vitamin D has virtually no side effects
- but 1 in 300 get people get muscle pain or itching due to lower magnesium levels
- FACT: Vitamin D prevents/suppresses over 120 health problems (left column)
- FACT: Both COVID-19 and Influenza are enveloped viruses
- FACT: Do not take vitamin D if Sarcoidosis, excess Calcium, Chemotherapy
- CONCLUSION To help protect/suppress influenza, take 50,000 IU of Vitamin D once a week
during the flu season if you are an average weight adult
Purpose: Receiving influenza vaccination may increase the risk of other respiratory viruses, a phenomenon known as virus interference. Test-negative study designs are often utilized to calculate influenza vaccine effectiveness. The virus interference phenomenon goes against the basic assumption of the test-negative vaccine effectiveness study that vaccination does not change the risk of infection with other respiratory illness, thus potentially biasing vaccine effectiveness results in the positive direction. This study aimed to investigate virus interference by comparing respiratory virus status among Department of Defense personnel based on their influenza vaccination status. Furthermore, individual respiratory viruses and their association with influenza vaccination were examined.
Results: We compared vaccination status of 2880 people with non-influenza respiratory viruses to 3240 people with pan-negative results. Comparing vaccinated to non-vaccinated patients, the adjusted odds ratio for non-flu viruses was 0.97 (95% confidence interval (CI): 0.86,1.09; p = 0.60).Additionally, the vaccination status of 3349 cases of influenza were compared to three different control groups: all controls (N = 6120), non-influenza positive controls (N = 2880), and pan-negative controls (N = 3240). The adjusted ORs for the comparisons among the three control groups did not vary much (range: 0.46-0.51).
Conclusions: Receipt of influenza vaccination was not associated with virus interference among our population. Examining virus interference by specific respiratory viruses showed mixed results. Vaccine derived virus interference was significantly associated with coronavirus and human metapneumovirus; however, significant protection with vaccination was associated not only with most influenza viruses, but also parainfluenza, RSV, and non-influenza virus coinfections.