Why the Law Forbids the Medicinal Use of Natural Substances Green Med Info
- According to the FDA's legal definition, a drug is anything that "diagnoses, cures, mitigates, treats, or prevents a disease”
- “Historically the FDA has required new drugs undergo expensive and elaborate multi-phased clinical trials, which are out of the grasp of any ordinary interest who might want to demonstrate the efficacy of a non-patentable (and therefore unprofitable) herb, food or spice.”
Articles on Curcumin at GreenMedInfo
|Cancers: Drug Resistant||50|
- FDA now allows specific Omega-3 health claims - July 2019
- It took 717 studies and > 1 year of work to get FDA to allow claims that Omega-3 reduces Hypertension and Coronary Heart Disease
- There still are many more documented benefits of Omega-3 for which the FDA has not been paid to allow.
Vitamin D and Omega-3 category starts with
Omega-3 and Vitamin D separately & together help with Autism, Depression, Cardiovascular, Cognition, Pregnancy, Infant, Obesity, Mortality, Breast Cancer, Smoking, Sleep, Stroke, Surgery, Longevity, Trauma, Inflammation, MS, etc
See also - Overview: Omega-3 many benefits include helping vitamin D
Each of the following supplements could be easily claimed to provide many health benefits,
but no company would profit by doing so
wonder if non-profit organizations might fund it?
Note: FDA does not even permit a claim that Vitamin D can treat rickets, much less scores of other health problems.
Note: Low-cost vitamin D testers are being sold in many countries in 2018, but no FDA approval for the US in 2019
|563 visitors, last modified 04 Sep, 2019,