Average Vitamin D levels not Deficient in Scottsh Adults -FSA
The UK seems to be in a race to the bottom with Korea and World health Organization
Which organization can claim that an extremely low level of vitamin D is adequate.
Korea and WHO, for example both recommend only 200 IU of vitamin D
- Why the UK government ignores evidence for the benefits of Vitamin D - Nov 2013
- National Osteoporosis Society of UK declares that 12 ng of vitamin D is enough – June 2013
- Overview of Rickets and Vitamin D Disagreement in the rest of the world. Is > 20 ng enough to prevent rickets, or is > 30 ng needed.
- Overview Deficiency of vitamin D
- South Asians in UK get little vitamin D from 45 minutes of daily summer sun – RCT April 2013 The UK seems to also totally ignore the needs of dark skin residents
- Is 50 ng of vitamin D too high, just right, or not enough has the following notional graph
- Percent of population with less than 20 ng of vitamin D has the following graph
92% of Northern Europe has < 20 ng of Vitamin D
No problem for the UK, just define the level of deficiency as 10 ng.