- In 2001 the World Health Organization has said that sugar should not be >10% of your calories per day.
- WHO is now proposing cutting that in half: sugar should not makeup >5% of your calories
- WHO had commissioned an obesity study, which found while sugar did not directly cause obesity,
those who consumed a lot of it, particularly in sweetened drinks, tended to put on weight as sugary food did not make them feel full.
Dietary sugars and body weight: systematic review and meta-analyses of randomised controlled trials and cohort studies.
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
- Search VitaminDWiki for SUGAR -"Blood sugar" 415 hits as of Oct 2017
- The Startling Link Between Sugar and Alzheimer's
- Fructose (High Fructose Corn Syrup) consumes 2X more Magnesium than sugar – May 2014
Magnesium is needed to create Vitamin D
- Death by Sugar
- Off topic – Proven again – artificial sweeteners actually make you GAIN weight – Oct 2012
which has a chart of sweetener use in the US
- Study Proves Sugar Is Responsible for Remarkable Rate of Disease Mercola Nov 2017