- "IBD includes Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, conditions that cause inflammation in the digestive tract, leading to chronic diarrhea, blood in the stool, abdominal pains and weight loss."
- "A new study, which analyzed data from five Canadian provinces, has found that cases
among children five and younger have jumped 7.2 per cent per year between 1999 and 2010."
- "Researchers suspect a combination of factors could be to blame, including genetics, the environment and lower levels of Vitamin D."
- Crohn’s disease associated with vitamin D and latitude – meta-analysis Dec 2015
- Gut problems more likely if low vitamin D (IBD: 1.6, UC: 2.3) – meta-analysis Aug 2015
- Gut-Friendly forms of vitamin D include bio-emulsion, topical, injection
All items in categories Intervention AND Gut
- IBS not helped by daily 3,000 IU Vitamin D (but non-daily and gut-friendly help) – RCT July 2021
- Diverticular disease:12X reduction if low Vitamin D and given 100,000 IU monthly – RCT Aug 2020
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome treated by weekly 50,000 IU Vitamin D – RCT Feb 2019
- Ulcerative Colitis inflammation treated by weekly vitamin D (40,000 IU) – July 2018
- Gut bacteria of Crohn's disease patients improved by Vitamin D – March 2018
- Vitamin D changed microbiota in gut and airway, might reduce cystic fibrosis – RCT Nov 2017
- Crohn's Disease relapse rate of 3 in 8 with 1,000 IU vs 0 in 12 with 10,000 IU of Vitamin D – RCT Feb 2017
- Ulcerative colitis treated by injection of 300,000 IU of vitamin D – RCT July 2016
- IBS quality of life improved by vitamin D (50,000 IU every two weeks) – RCT May 2016
- IBS – 82 percent had low vitamin D, 3,000 IU spray helped a lot – RCT Dec 2015
- Crohn's disease treated by 2000 IU Vitamin D - RCT June 2015
- Crohn’s disease helped when vitamin D level raised above 30 ng – RCT Feb 2015
- Crohn's Disease patients normalizing their Vitamin D levels decreased risk of surgery by 44 percent – Aug 2013
- Crohn’s helped by 5000 IU vitamin D – April 2013
Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease