Vaccines 2021, 9(7), 693; https://doi.org/10.3390/vaccines9070693
by Harald Walach 1,2,3,*,Rainer J. Klement 4OrcID andWouter Aukema 5OrcID
1 Poznan University of the Medical Sciences, Pediatric Hospital, 60-572 Poznan, Poland
2 Department of Psychology, University of Witten/Herdecke, 58448 Witten, Germany
3 Change Health Science Institute, 10178 Berlin, Germany
4 Department of Radiation Oncology, Leopoldina Hospital, 97422 Schweinfurt, Germany
5 Independent Data and Pattern Scientist, Brinkenbergweg 1, 7351 BD Hoenderloo, The Netherlands
Note: A better comparison would be:
Vaccination problems vs COVID-19 hospitalizations + COVID-19 long haul
83 VitaminDWiki pages with VACCIN in title as of july 2021 examples include:
- More than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans. - June 9, 2021
- Problems with vaccine use during a pandemic - Dr. Bossche interview with transcript - April 22, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine adverse reactions reported 6X more often in Europe than in the US – March 29, 2021
- 2X more male teens died than normal in England this summer (perhaps vaccination) - Oct 2021
- As of Oct 4, 2023, the VitaminDWiki COVID page had: 19 trial results, 37 meta-analyses and reviews, Mortality studies see related: Governments, HealthProblems, Hospitals, Dark Skins, All 26 COVID risk factors are associated with low Vit D, Fight COVID-19 with 50K Vit D weekly Vaccines Take lots of Vitamin D at first signs of COVID 166 COVID Clinical Trials using Vitamin D (Aug 2023) Prevent a COVID death: 9 dollars of Vitamin D or 900,000 dollars of vaccine - Aug 2023
5 most-recently changed Virus entries
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
Background: COVID-19 vaccines have had expedited reviews without sufficient safety data. We wanted to compare risks and benefits. Method: We calculated the number needed to vaccinate (NNTV) from a large Israeli field study to prevent one death. We accessed the Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR) database of the European Medicines Agency and of the Dutch National Register (lareb.nl) to extract the number of cases reporting severe side effects and the number of cases with fatal side effects.
Result: The NNTV is between 200–700 to prevent one case of COVID-19 for the mRNA vaccine marketed by Pfizer, while the NNTV to prevent one death is between 9000 and 50,000 (95% confidence interval), with 16,000 as a point estimate. The number of cases experiencing adverse reactions has been reported to be 700 per 100,000 vaccinations. Currently, we see 16 serious side effects per 100,000 vaccinations, and the number of fatal side effects is at 4.11/100,000 vaccinations. For three deaths prevented by vaccination we have to accept two inflicted by vaccination.
Conclusions: This lack of clear benefit should cause governments to rethink their vaccination policy.
Conclusions in PDF
The present assessment raises the question whether it would be necessary to rethink
policies and use COVID-19 vaccines more sparingly and with some discretion only in those
that are willing to accept the risk because they feel more at risk from the true infection
than the mock infection. Perhaps it might be necessary to dampen the enthusiasm by sober
facts? In our view, the EMA and national authorities should instigate a safety review into
the safety database of COVID-19 vaccines and governments should carefully consider their
policies in light of these data. Ideally, independent scientists should carry out thorough
case reviews of the very severe cases, so that there can be evidence-based recommendations
on who is likely to benefit from a SARS-CoV2 vaccination and who is in danger of suffering
from side effects. Currently, our estimates show that we have to accept four fatal and
16 serious side effects per 100,000 vaccinations in order to save the lives of 2–11 individuals
per 100,000 vaccinations, placing risks and benefits on the same order of magnitude.