- Drs. Oz and Roizen: Male breast cancer; seasonal affective disorder Dec 3, 2013
"Take 1,000 IU of vitamin D-3 daily until you know how much you need in order to have a consistent blood level of 50ng/ml. "
- Drs. Oz & Roizen: Vitamin D: Yes, it’s good for you idahostatesman Jan 2014
" We recommend aiming for 50-80 ng/ml."
- Drs. Oz and Roizen: The ABCs of vitamin D-3 OregonLive June 2013
"For cancer prevention, the level is 50 to 80ng/mL"
- Vitamin D’s a superhero but you shouldn’t take too much SF Examiner Aug 2011
"We consider D low when it’s below 50 ng/mL. "
Comment by VitaminDWiki
Most people need > 3,000 IU of vitamin D to achieve 50ng/ml
- Dr. Oz again on vitamin D - Dec 2014
- Dr Oz recommends 50 ng vitamin D blood level May 2010 AARP Magazine
- Dr Oz: 50ng of vitamin D - Nov 2009
- Excellent short Vitamin D video by Dr. Oz - 2011 50 ng
- Is 50 ng of vitamin D too high, just right, or not enough
- All items in category Optimum Vitamin D
- Low cost vitamin D Blood Tests
- No longer debating vitamin D supplementation, now debating need for testing first – April 2013
It does not appear to be cost-effective to test everyone for vitamin D.
Some countries are considering that the entire population take >2,000 IU of vitamin D
- Low cost cofactors for vitamin D essential when trying for vitamin D levels > 30-40 ng
- Overview Vitamin D Dose-Response
Need 9600 IU Vitamin D to get most people to 40 ng – with graph Feb 2011
- Response to Vitamin D: summary chart of 8 studies – March 2013
Shows that a 5,000 IU dose would get an average of 60 ng (Note: Approximately half would be < 60 ng)