Homocysteine, Pyridoxine, Folate and Vitamin B12 Levels in Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
Psychiatr Danub. 2018 Sep;30(3):310-316. doi: 10.24869/psyd.2018.310.
Altun H1, Şahin N, Belge Kurutaş E, Güngör O.
Dept. of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam U., Kahramanmaras, Turkey, drhaticealtun at gmail.com.
|ADHD (n=30)||Controls (n=30)||p|
|Vitamin B12 (pg/mL)||260||389||<0.001|
- Deficiencies of Vitamin D, Iron, Magnesium, and Zinc all associated with ADHD – Sept 2014
- Drugs which create deficiencies in Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron, etc. – Sept 2017
- Hypothesis – Vitamin B-12 deficiency is associated with Vitamin D deficiency
- Study on this page did not check for Vitamin D deficiency
- Vitamin D (also B9, B12, C, E, and K) can be limited by genes – April 2017
- ADHD and Vitamin D Deficiency category listing has
44 items along with related searches
- Vitamin B12 category listing has
52 items along with related searches
The following is looking for possible associations
Items in both categories B12 and Omega-3 are listed here:
- How vitamins A, B, C, D, E, F (Omega), K fight COVID - Feb 2022
- Some Religious dietary practices may result in low iron, B12, vitamin D, Zinc, etc.
- Depression treatments: diet, exercise, bright light, Vitamin D, B12, Omega-3, Zinc, Music, etc. – May 2019
- Bulk supplementation of Vitamin D, Magnesium, Zinc, B-12, K2, Boron etc. - lower cost and easier than pills
- The End of Alzheimer's - if custom adjust Vitamin D, B-12, Iron, Omega-3, etc.
- Multiple Sclerosis and (lots of) Vitamin D - book by patient on Coimbra protocol - Feb 2016
- Common deficiencies D3, Omega-3, K2, Mg, B12, E, A, Iodine, etc – Mercola Oct 2015
- Vitamin D Cofactors in a nutshell
Items in both categories ADHD and Omega-3 are listed here:
Items in both categories ADHD and Magnesium are listed here:
PDF is available free at Sci-Hub 10.24869/psyd.2018.310
In our study, we aimed to evaluate the serum homocysteine levels, pyridoxine, folate and vitamin B12 levels in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD).
SUBJECTS AND METHODS:
This study included 30 newly diagnosed drug-naive children with ADHD (23 males and 7 female, mean age 9.3±1.8 years) and 30 sex-and age matched healthy controls. The diagnosis of ADHD was made according to DSM-V criteria. Children and adolescents were administered the Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia for School Aged Children, Present and Lifetime Version, the Conners' Parent Rating Scale-Revised, Long Form, the Conners' Teacher Rating Scale and the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children Revised (WISC-R) for all participants. Homocysteine, pyridoxine, folate and vitamin B12 levels were measured with enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.
Homocysteine, pyridoxine, folate and vitamin B12 levels were significantly lower in children with ADHD compared with their controls (p<0.05). A positive significant correlation was observed between the all WISC-R scores and vitamin B12 level in patients (r=0.408, p=0.025).
The results obtained in this study showed that reduced homocysteine, pyridoxine, folate and vitamin B12 levels could be a risk factor in the etiology of ADHD.ADHD associated with significantly less Vitamin B12 – Sept 2018
4718 visitors, last modified 30 Sep, 2018,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
- Vitamin B12 category listing has