This list is automatically updated
- Vitamin D and Glaucoma: A Critical Review of the Literature - Nov 2020 https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/8071280
- Might help FREE PDF
- Vitamin D and its receptor polymorphisms are associated with glaucoma - Dec 2020 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfo.2020.02.016 meta-analysis
- 3.1X more likely to have Glaucoma if a specific poor Vitamin D Receptor
- Note: You can have a good blood level of Vitamin D, but little gets to the cells if a poor VDR
VitaminDWiki - The risk of 50+ diseases at least double with poor Vitamin D Receptor
VitaminDWiki - Vitamin D Receptor activation can be increased in 15 ways
Resveratrol, Omega-3, Magnesium, Zinc, Quercetin, non-daily Vit D, Curcumin, intense exercise, Butyrate Sulforaphane Ginger, Essential oils, etc Note: The founder of VitaminDWiki uses 10 of the 15 known VDR activators
- Glaucoma: A hidden threat to vision health rising swiftly - September 2023 MDEdge
- "Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness worldwide, affecting 3 million people in the United States, and yet half of those affected are unaware, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."
- "Five % of 70-year-olds had the disease, and half of those did not know they had it before they took part in the study."
- "Five percent of 560 70-year-olds had the disease, and half of those did not know they had it before they took part in the study."
- Glaucoma in the African American and Hispanic Communities: What We Know in 2023
- "Adjusting for age, African Americans were 3 to 4 times more likely to have a diagnosis of glaucoma compared to Caucasians."
- Note: One indication that a disease is related to Vitamin D is if it is more prominent in people with dark skin (they get less D from the sun)