- Off topic: Plastics and BPA are getting into seafood and your bloodstream – Dr. Greger Spring 2019
- Plastics in bloodstream increased risk of Vitamin D deficiency in women by 22 percent - 2016, 2017
- No indication of the mechanism,
- Wonder if microplastics decrease Vitamin D in women more than smoking
- Many reasons why vitamin D deficiency has become epidemic
- Plastics is one of the 22 new reasons
- Vitamin D levels cut in half in 18 years
- How Plastics Can Affect Your Love Life Dr. Greger Dec 2018
- "Women working in automotive plastics and food canning are at five times the odds of breast cancer" **Free PDF online
- ocean water was thought to have 10 microplastics per cubic meter is found to have 8,300,000 per cubic meter Dec 2019
- They finally got around to looking for the very very small particles
- Every single one of the micro planktons (saps) contained microplastics
- Microplastics are associated with brain damage and liver tumors in fish
- Future research will determine microplastics effects further up the food chain - such as humans
*Bans on Plastic Microbead - March 2020
It's raining plastic in the Rockies Mother Nature Network
- "A study from scientists at the U.S. Geological Survey has found that 90 percent of rainwater samples from eight different locations along the Rockies contained plastics."
Microplastics are getting into mosquitoes and contaminating new food chains
In the lab they fed larva microplastics. "Plastics were retained as the mosquitoes went through different life stages"
Mosquitoes are eaten by birds and fish
many different sizes, all models include a small meter to test the amount of dissolved solids
Removes 99% of microplastics and 100% of Glyphosate, Fluoride, etc.
Amazon $29, 3,000 reviews - also WalMart, Home Depot, etc.
Great 2019 review compared many filters - taste, quality, ergonomics, etc found Zero to be best
Does removes beneficial Magnesium ions from the water (10 mg/liter)
I take daily Magnesium supplements (400 mg/day), so I do not feel the need to remineralize the water
It is not practical in areas with hard water (there is a US harness map at their website)
the filter stops at 18 grams of dissolved solids - will not last a month if there is hard water
Uses some of the chemicals and filters used in RO systems
you can recycle 2 filters for $10 - but you pay the postage
Got it - tastes great and the water looks far cleaner than tap water