1) Lots of experience with Vitamin D - over 3 billion doses have been given over the past 75 years
only 1 person in 10,000 has mild side effects that go away when Vitamin D is stopped
no person on the planet has died of vitamin D in the past 10 years
2) Vitamin D has been proven to both prevent and treat all 6 known coronavirus
as well many other viruses
3) Vitamin D also provides many nonviral health benefits
4) But - Vitamin D is not a drug and since it is not patented, will not provide profits
- As of Sept 15, 2021, the page had: 34 trials, 6 trial results, 23 meta-analyses and reviews, 63 observations, 35 recommendations, 55 associations, 89 speculations, 46 videos see related: Governments, HealthProblems, Hospitals, Dark Skins, 26 risk factors are ALL associated with low Vit D, Recent Virus pages Fight COVID-19 with 50K Vit D weekly Vaccines
- COVID-19 inflammation extinguished by 60,000 IU of vitamin D nanoemulsion daily for a week – RCT May 2021
- COVID-19 defeated 3x faster by 420,000 IU Vitamin D nanoemulsion – RCT Nov 12, 2020
- 5X less likely to enter ICU with COVID-19 if get Calcifediol (semi-activated vitamin D) - RCT Feb 19, 2021
- Vitamin D reduces COVID-19 complications – June 2021
- Vitamin D has the most supporting science of all micronutrients to fight COVID-19 – May 2021
- Treatments for 303,000 COVID-19 patients: vitamin D is both popular and over-the-counter – May 2021
- Less than 10 dollars of Vitamin D per COVID-19 life saved in Myanmar - Jan 2021
- 3.7 X less likely to die of COVID-19 if supplemented with Vitamin D - meta-analysis Jan 5, 2021
- Italian nursing home COVID-19 – 4X less likely to die if taking Vitamin D– Dec 22, 2020
- French Consensus – 200,000 IU of Vitamin D if get COVID-19 – Dec 22, 2020
- Those getting intermittent vitamin D were 7 X less likely to die of COVID-19 - Dec 11, 2020
- Residents of a Nursing Home who choose monthly Vitamin D had 4X fewer COVID-19 deaths – Nov 2, 2020
- Influenza prevented by 40 ng levels or treated with vitamin D hammer (50,000 IU) – June 2015
- 7X less risk of influenza if Vitamin D levels higher than 30 ng – Oct 2017
- Colds and flu prevented and treated by Vitamin D - many studies
- Better response to shingles virus test after Vitamin D raised above 40 ng – Jan 2021
- Dengue virus prevented by a small amount of Vitamin D – RCT Nov 2019
- Chikungunya virus arthritis pain reduced by weekly 60,000 IU vitamin D – Sept 2016
- Many Infectious diseases (virus) treated and prevented by Vitamin D – review July 2009
- Vitamin D prevents Hepatitis-C and helps treat it (many studies)
- Infectious Mononucleosis (virus) treated by high dose Vitamin D (3 cases) – March 2021
- Vitamin D can inhibit enveloped virus (e.g. Corona, Herpes, Zoster, Epstein, Hepatitis, Ebola) – March 2011
- Acute viral respiratory infections reduced by Vitamin D - overview of 20 reviews - Aug 2020
- "The Antiviral Program for Pandemics (APP) aims to develop safe and effective antivirals to combat SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and will build sustainable platforms for targeted drug discovery and development of antivirals against viruses with pandemic potential."
- “. . . identifying effective treatment options that can prevent people diagnosed with COVID-19 from progressing to serious illness and death…"
- "19 therapeutic agents have been prioritized for testing in rigorous clinical trials for outpatients and inpatients with COVID-19"
- *Looked and found many candidate drugs being considered - no mention of vitamin D supplement
- “New antivirals that prevent serious COVID-19 illness and death, especially oral drugs that could be taken at home early in the course of disease, would be powerful tools for battling the pandemic and saving lives,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, chief medical adviser to the President and NIAID Director."
- "The plan provides $300 million for research and laboratory support, nearly $1 billion for preclinical and clinical evaluation, nearly $700 million for development and manufacturing and $1 billion to form groups called Antiviral Drug Discovery Centers for Pathogens of Pandemic Concern to accelerate the creation of antiviral drugs"
- ". . . . to focus on antivirals for COVID-19 and other pandemic risks, including hemorrhagic fever and influenza, the way HIV and hepatitis C can be managed."
- "Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a key backer of the program, said he looked forward to a time when Covid-19 patients could pick up antiviral pills from a pharmacy as soon as they tested positive for the coronavirus or develop Covid-19 symptoms."
- "If all goes well, some of those first pills could be ready by the end of the year."
- "The Department of Health and Human Services announced that it would purchase from Merck 1.7 million doses of molnupiravir at a cost of $1.2 billion, provided that the current trial leads to authorization by the Food and Drug Administration.”
The same vitamin D has prevented and treated all 6 known Coronavirus and many other virus
Dr. Fauci takes 6,000 IU of Vitamin D daily – Sept 2020