- spray FibroFlex: a 31% magnesium chloride solution, water and “a proprietary blend of trace minerals on skin
- apply four sprays per arm into the palm and rub onto one limb and repeat for each limb every 4 waking hours.
- 22% of dropouts related to skin irritation.
Both Magnesium and Vitamin D can be used internally and topically
I use all 4: 1) Vit D internally, 3) Vit D topically,3) Mg internally, 4)Mg topically
I have used transdermal Magnesium Chloride for several years.
Relieves most muscle pain (exercise, back, sprain) in about 10 minutes
It has also has eliminated osteoarthritis pain in my knees
I add Magnesium Chloride oil into a DMSO cream (Amazon $18) for quick penetration
I have tried an assortment of DMSOs and MgCl, and now make my own MgCl oil from MgCl crystals
Usually just a single treatment of about 1/8 teaspoon is needed.
Rarely a second or third treatment is needed the same day to relive muscle pain
Henry Lahore, admin of VitaminDWiki
Note - several friends are now using MgCl to greatly reduce their heart arrhythmias
See also VitaminDWiki
- Overview Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue and vitamin D
- Overview Magnesium and vitamin D
- Cluster headaches virtually eliminated in 7,000 people with high-dose vitamin D and cofactors - Feb 2022 also uses MgCl
- Off topic: Transcutaneous enhancers (DMSO, etc) for Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Resveratrol, Magnesium, etc.
The TOP articles in Magnesium and Vitamin D are listed here:
- Low Magnesium associated with severe COVID – many studies
- Magnesium reduces pain - many studies
- The Role of Magnesium in the Pathogenesis of Metabolic Disorders – April 2022
- Vitamin D and Magnesium need each other - many studies
- Cluster Headaches treated by high-dose Vitamin D, etc. (interview and transcript) - Feb 2022
- How Vitamin D, Magnesium, Omega-3 and Zinc prevent and treat COVID-19 and many other health problems – June 2021
- Patients believe that doctors do not properly recognize and treat 7 of the top 10 chronic illnesses – Oct 2019
- Vitamin D and Calcium do not increase bone density (also need exercise, Mg, K2, protein etc.) – RCT Aug 2019
- Low Level Laser Therapy greatly increased Vitamin D and Magnesium (for diabetics with nephropathy) – March 2019
- Signs of low Magnesium (heart problems in this case) – Jan 2018
- Young Diabetics had 3.8 X higher risk of Parkinson’s (perhaps low Mg or low Vitamin D)– June 2018
- Magnesium is vital to Vitamin D in 4 places (maybe 8) – March 2018
- Trigger points (myofascial pain) may be associated with low Vitamin D and low Magnesium – Jan 2018
- Magnesium in Healthcare (Rickets, Stones, Pregnancy, Depression, etc.) with level of evidence – Sept 2017
- Vitamin D monotherapy is good, Vitamin D multitherapy is great
- Acute Migraine 35 times more likely if low Magnesium levels – May 2016
- Multiple Sclerosis and (lots of) Vitamin D - book by patient on Coimbra protocol - Feb 2016
- Pregnancy helped by Magnesium - many studies
- All-cause mortality is related to low Magnesium, rather than low Vitamin D – April 2015
- Fructose (High Fructose Corn Syrup) consumes 2X more Magnesium than sugar – May 2014
- Hypothesis: Magnesium accounts for some of the variation in vitamin D response – Oct 2013
- Synergism between Vitamin D, Vitamin K-2, and Vitamin A: Masterjohn – Sept 2013
- If at high risk of vitamin D deficiency, get a higher response if take more Magnesium – Sept 2013
- Cluster headaches virtually eliminated in 7,000 people with high-dose vitamin D and cofactors - Feb 2022
- Magnesium and Vitamin D very synergistic – Aug 2013
- Magnesium roundup including bioavailability - Aug 2013
- Magnesium may be more important to kids’ bone health than calcium – May 2013
- The human "magnesome" is finding magnesium binding sites on human proteins - 2012
- Magnesium prevents cardiovascular events – Meta-analysis March 2013
- Vitamin D level can be high, but little benefit: due to kidney, genes, low Magnesium etc.
- How much vitamin D and other nutrients do I take
- Drugs Deplete Magnesium
- A balanced diet is no longer enough – supplements needed - VitaminDWiki Oct 2012
- Low cost cofactors for vitamin D
See also web
- Transdermal Magnesium Therapy
book on Amazon - doubt that it mentions the use of DMSO
- 239 products on Amazon for Transdermal Magnesium as of April 2019
- 11,000 Mg Cl products on Amazon
I happened to have been using Nutricology and Good State liquids and have just starting to make my own from MgCl flakes
- Happen to use DMSO Cream with Aloe Vera Rose Scented
Effects of transdermal magnesium chloride on quality of life for patients with fibromyalgia: a feasibility study.
J Integr Med. 2015 Sep;13(5):306-13. doi: 10.1016/S2095-4964(15)60195-9.
Engen DJ1, McAllister SJ2, Whipple MO2, Cha SS3, Dion LJ2, Vincent A2, Bauer BA2, Wahner-Roedler DL4.
1Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA.
2Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA.
3Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA.
4Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA; E-mail: wahnerroedler.dietlind at mayo.edu.
Fibromyalgia is a syndrome characterized by chronic pain, fatigue, depression, and sleep disturbances. Its primary cause is unclear. Several studies have reported decreased intracellular magnesium levels in patients with fibromyalgia and have found negative correlation between magnesium levels and fibromyalgia symptoms.
To gather preliminary data on whether transdermal magnesium can improve quality of life for women who have fibromyalgia.
DESIGN, SETTING, PARTICIPANTS AND INTERVENTIONS:
This is a patient questionnaires and survey in a fibromyalgia clinic at a tertiary medical center. Forty female patients with the diagnosis of fibromyalgia were enrolled. Each participant was provided a spray bottle containing a transdermal magnesium chloride solution and asked to apply 4 sprays per limb twice daily for 4 weeks. Participants were asked to complete the Revised Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire, SF-36v2 Health Survey, and a quality-of-life analog scale at baseline, week 2, and week 4.
MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE:
Questionnaire and survey scores, evaluated through intent-to-treat and per-protocol analyses.
Twenty-four patients completed the study (mean [SD] age, 57.2 [7.6] years; white, 95%; mean body mass index, 31.3 kg/m2). With intention-to-treat analysis, Revised Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire subscale and total scores were significantly improved at week 2 and week 4 (total score, P=0.001). Per-protocol analysis results were similar: all subscales of the Revised Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire were significantly improved at week 2 and week 4 (total score, P=0.001).
This pilot study suggests that transdermal magnesium chloride applied on upper and lower limbs may be beneficial to patients with fibromyalgia.
TRIAL REGISTRATION: ClinicalTrials.gov.ldentifier NCT01968772.