Vitamin D overtakes vitamin C to become the UK's best-selling supplement, as Britons stock up on the 'sunshine drug' in a bid to cope with long and gloomy winters DailyMail
- “Retail analysts Mintel said 56 per cent of those who use supplements take a multivitamin.
Of those who take a single supplement,
33 % take vitamin D,
27 % vitamin C,
15 % vitamin B,
12 %vitamin A and
10 %vitamin E.
- Mintel found that vitamin D usage has ticked upwards for all age groups, but the biggest change was among those aged 35-54 with a rise from 22 per cent to 35 per cent.
- Increased use of D category listing has
34 items along with related searches
- 20X increase in vitamin D sold and 36 percent decrease in osteoporosis business in Australia – Nov 2013
- Recent increase in Vitamin D levels in Elite Irish Athletes – Aug 2016
- Vitamin D levels increasing 7 percent per year, bones denser in Japan (probably supplementation) - June 2015
US Increase in VItamin D
- Vitamin D is perceived to be the healthiest food ingredient (more than fiber, whole grains, Omega-3, organic, etc) Survey May 2018
- Vitamin D is the most popular supplement, and was in the first commercial supplement – cod liver oil – May 2018
- Vitamin D was the most supplemented vitamin or mineral in the US - 2017
- Vitamin D in US children: those having more than 40 ng increased 60 percent (2001-2010) - Dec 2016
- Vitamin D levels in US: percent having more than 40 ng doubled (2001-2010) - Dec 2016
- 4 times fewer with vitamin D deficiency in just 4 years ( Connecticut) – March 2016
- Popular supplements 1 Vitamin D, 2 fish oil, 3 CoQ10, 4 multivitamins 5 probiotics - Feb 2016