Med J Aust. 2015 May 18;202(9):470-1.
Glendenning P1, Chew GT2.
1Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, WA, Australia. paul.glendenning at health.wa.gov.au
2University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
- Task force confirms - not much benefit from low Vitamin D supplementation – Nov 2014
- Vitamin D testing AND levels are increasing in Australia (NSW) – May 2014
- Vitamin D testing in Australia before they shut it down – 42 percent retested – 2013
- No vitamin D test needed before supplementing (typically) – April 2014
- 20X increase in vitamin D sold and 36 percent decrease in osteoporosis business in Australia – Nov 2013
People in Australia have increased vitamin D supplementation, without being told to do so by the doctors
Appears that some Australian doctors are losing business now with healthier patients