The United Nations
The United Nations is located in New York City. There are 195 countries that are member states of the U.N
About Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency is the most common nutritional deficiency in the world. Vitamin D deficiency is associated with high maternal/ fetal mortality rate, poor pregnancy outcomes, breast cancer, colon cancer, arthritis, heart attacks, strokes, osteoporosis, multiple falls in elderly patients, hair loss, chronic pain, depression, frequent colds, upper respiratory tract infections, and many other chronic diseases.
Vitamin D Goes Global to Nigeria and Africa (54 Countries, 1.3 Billion People)
Dr. L. Ray Matthews, Associate Professor of Surgery at Morehouse School of Medicine has been instrumental in educating the masses on the importance of Vitamin D for over a decade. Matthews has been tapped to speak on the subject at the United Nations (U.N.) General Assembly in New York in September and October about vitamin D's impact on global health. Matthews has keynoted at several major health organizations including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and internationally in Abu Dhabi.
Matthews is collaborating with Princess Maradeun Ogunlanda, Ph.D., MPH and Bio-Tech Pharmacal, Inc. to spearhead the initiative in Nigeria and Africa. Princess Deun is passionate about women and children's health in Africa. Dr. Ogunlana, is a member of Yoruba Royalty in Nigeria and is also a 1991 graduate of the University of Arkansas, Little Rock and holds a degree in Journalism as well as a Master of Public Health from Southern California University of Health Sciences and a Ph.D. in Humanistic Studies from CICA International University.
L. Ray Matthews, MD, FACS
Associate Professor of Surgery Director of Surgical Critical Care Trauma / Critical Care Surgeon
Clinician, Surgeon, Educator, Researcher, Scientist, Vitamin D Expert
- Vitamin D, trauma, and blacks - Dr. Matthews interview with transcript - Jan 2019
- FDA decided to double vitamin D in milk after talking 4 times with by Dr. Matthews – July 2016
- US Army learning about benefits of vitamin D to trauma – Dec 2013
- Hospital ICU added high dose vitamin D - malpractice lawsuit costs dropped from 26 million dollars to ZERO - Oct 2016
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (Wash D.C) invited Dr. Mathews to speak to them on Vitamin D – Sept 2018
- Army Training trying performance readiness bars with 1400 IU of Vitamin D (Dr. Matthews) – Sept 2018
World Health Organization
- WHO 200 IU for pregnancy
- 0 IU for infant
Short URL = https://is.gd/MatthewsUN