from slide presentation: https://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page_id=2269
- Lacking co-factors Magnesium, etc.
- Surgery or other trauma during the year decreased vitamin D levels
Taking drugs by seniors was associated with about 2 ng less vitamin D – March 2012
- Taking drugs such as Statins, Antiseizure, Prednisone, Orlistat, Questran, Dilatin, Phenobarbital, and Rifampin,
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (4 in 10 seniors) and Vitamin D
- People with gut problems are low on vitamin D
- Poor kidney function or poor endocrine function – to make the active form of vitamin D