Vaccines 2021, 9(7), 693; https://doi.org/10.3390/vaccines9070693
by Harald Walach 1,2,3,*,Rainer J. Klement 4OrcID andWouter Aukema 5OrcID
1 Poznan University of the Medical Sciences, Pediatric Hospital, 60-572 Poznan, Poland
2 Department of Psychology, University of Witten/Herdecke, 58448 Witten, Germany
3 Change Health Science Institute, 10178 Berlin, Germany
4 Department of Radiation Oncology, Leopoldina Hospital, 97422 Schweinfurt, Germany
5 Independent Data and Pattern Scientist, Brinkenbergweg 1, 7351 BD Hoenderloo, The Netherlands
Vaccination publications in VitaminDWiki 139 as of Jan 2022
- More than enough evidence on the Yellow Card system to declare the COVID-19 vaccines unsafe for use in humans. - June 9, 2021
- Problems with vaccine use during a pandemic - Dr. Bossche interview with transcript - April 22, 2021
- Risk of dying from AstraZeneca vaccine higher than of COVID-19 - Norway April 23, 2021
- Vaccinations resulted in increased office visits for children 16 months later - Nov 2020
- Any similar delayed problems with COVID-19 vaccinations will not start to be seen until 2022
- Increase in non-COVID deaths (18-64) in Indiana, India, etc. - Jan 5, 2022
Background: COVID-19 vaccines have had expedited reviews without sufficient safety data. We wanted to compare risks and benefits.
Method: We calculated the number needed to vaccinate (NNTV) from a large Israeli field study to prevent one death. We accessed the Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR) database of the European Medicines Agency and of the Dutch National Register (lareb.nl) to extract the number of cases reporting severe side effects and the number of cases with fatal side effects.
- The NNTV is between 200–700 to prevent one case of COVID-19 for the mRNA vaccine marketed by Pfizer, while
- the NNTV to prevent one death is between 9000 and 50,000 (95% confidence interval), with 16,000 as a point estimate.
The number of cases experiencing adverse reactions has been reported to be 700 per 100,000 vaccinations.
Currently, we see 16 serious side effects per 100,000 vaccinations, and the number of fatal side effects is at 4.11/100,000 vaccinations.
For three deaths prevented by vaccination we have to accept two (deaths) inflicted by vaccination.
Conclusions: This lack of clear benefit should cause governments to rethink their vaccination policy.