Vitamin D Deficiency and Vitamin D Receptor Variants in Mothers and Their Neonates Are Risk Factors for Neonatal Sepsis.
Steroids. 2018 Mar 9. pii: S0039-128X(18)30054-0. doi: 10.1016/j.steroids.2018.03.003.
Tayel SI1, Soliman SE2, Elsayed HM3.
1 Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Menoufia University, Egypt. drsafaa_tayel at yahoo.com.
2 Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Menoufia University, Egypt.
3 Pediatric Medicine Departments, Faculty of Medicine, Menoufia University, Egypt.
- Sepsis is 13 X more likely if poor Vitamin D Receptor – April 2017
- Vitamin D Receptor test for 29 dollars (there are 5 more Vitamin D genes) – Oct 2016
Note: The study on current page found that the mother also often had a poor Vitamin D Receptor
Summary of Sepsis and Vitamin D
- Sepsis more likely in those with poor immune systems
Infants, elderly, sick, those with low vitamin D
- Severe Sepsis has been associated with low vitamin D in many studies
- Vitamin D treats Sepsis (RCT- 2015, below)
Reduced: ICU by 8 days, Hospital stay by 7 days, and readmission rate to 0%
- Many studies have found that a high level of Vitamin D also prevents Sepsis
VitaminDWiki recommendations for Vitamin D treatment of Sepsis in ICU
- Fortify the immune system as fast as possible ( Vitamin D Loading dose = Stoss dose = Bolus dose )
- Speedup the restoration of Vitamin D with sublingual or topical vitamin D
- Nanoemulsion form of Vitamin D seems particularly fast acting
- Follow loading dose with maintenance doses of vitamin D - probably 50,000 IU weekly
- Note: Many studies incorrectly used no maintenance dosing, just loading dose
- Consider reducing Sepsis even more by adding: Omega-3 Magnesium Glutamine
- COVID kids were more likely to have a poor VDR (4.3 X), than low Vitamin D (2.6 X) – Sept 2022
- Poor prognosis of solid childhood cancers 14.7 X more likely with a poor Vitamin D Receptor – July 2022
- Poor hip joint in infants associated with poor Vitamin D receptor – Jan 2021
- Type 1 Diabetes (Autoimmune) and Vitamin D, Vitamin D Receptor and Cathelicidin - Dec 2020
- Infant and child immunity depends on Vitamin D and two Vitamin D genes – Review April 2020
- Asthmatic children 5X more likely to have a poor Vitamin D Receptor – June 2019
- Respiratory Distress Syndrome in preemies 5 X more likely if poor vitamin D receptor – Feb 2019
- Severe hand, foot, and mouth virus is 2.9 X more likely if poor Vitamin D receptor – Oct 2018
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis 2.2 X more likely if poor Vitamin D Receptor – Aug 2018
- Pneumonia in Egyptian Children 3.6 X more likely if poor Vitamin D Receptor – Aug 2018
- Sudden kidney infection in children was 9X more likely if poor Vitamin D receptor – July 2018
- Sepsis in infants 4.8 X more likely if poor vitamin D receptor – March 2018
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 8 X more likely if poor Vitamin D receptor – Dec 2017
- Type 1 Diabetes 14 percent more likely with 2 Vitamin D Receptor mutations – Oct 2017
- Lupus in children 2.6 X more likely if they had poor Vitamin D Receptor – Jan 2017
- Early tooth decay 1.9 X more likely if a poor Vitamin D receptor – July 2017
- Type 1 diabetes 1.6 times more likely if a Vitamin D Receptor problem – Feb 2017
- Childhood asthma about 1.3 times more likely if poor Vitamin D Receptor – meta-analysis Aug 2016
Vitamin D Receptor category has the following
Vitamin D tests cannot detect Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) problems
A poor VDR restricts Vitamin D from getting in the cells
It appears that 30% of the population have a poor VDR (40% of the Obese )
Several diseases protect themselves by deactivating the Vitamin D receptor.Example: Breast Cancer
- - - - - - - -
The Vitamin D Receptor is associated with many health problems
Some health problems, such as Breast Cancer and Diabetes, protect themselves by reducing VDR activation
Suspect that SAR-COV-2 also protects itself from Vitamin D
A poor VDR is associated with the risk of 55 health problems click here for details
The risk of 48 diseases at least double with poor VDR as of Jan 2023 click here for details
Some health problem, such as Breast Cancer reduce the VDR
VDR at-home test $29 - results not easily understood in 2016
There are hints that you may have inherited a poor VDR
Compensate for poor VDR by increasing one or more:
|1) Vitamin D supplement Sun|
| Vitamin D in the blood |
and thus in the cells
|2) Magnesium||Vitamin D in the blood |
AND in the cells
|3) Omega-3||Vitamin D in the cells|
|4) Resveratrol||Vitamin D Receptor|
|5) Intense exercise||Vitamin D Receptor|
|6) Get prescription for VDR activator|
|Vitamin D Receptor|
|7) Quercetin (flavonoid)||Vitamin D Receptor|
|8) Zinc is in the VDR||Vitamin D Receptor|
|9) Boron||Vitamin D Receptor ?, |
|10) Essential oils e.g. ginger, curcumin||Vitamin D Receptor|
|11) Progesterone||Vitamin D Receptor|
|12) Infrequent high concentration Vitamin D|
Increases the concentration gradient
|Vitamin D Receptor|
|13) Sulfroaphane and perhaps sulfur||Vitamin D Receptor|
|14)Butyrate especially gut||Vitamin D Receptor|
Note: If you are not feeling enough benefit from Vitamin D, you might try increasing VDR activation. You might feel the benefit within days of adding one or more of the above
Far healthier and stronger at age 72 due to supplements Includes 6 supplements that help the VDR
Increased risk associated with a poor Vitamin D Receptor
Note: Some diseases reduce VDR activation
those with a * are known to decrease activation
BACKGROUND AND AIM:
increasing prevalence of neonatal sepsis in recent years catch attention to early prevention and management. Vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphism can modulate VDR expression level that greatly influences immunity and susceptibility to microbial infections. We aimed to investigate the association of VDR polymorphism at FokI, rs2228570 T/C, and TaqI, rs731236 C/T gene with serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level and risk of neonatal sepsis.
This work carried on 160 subjects classified into 80 cases (40 mothers and their 40 septic neonates) and 80 healthy controls (40 volunteer mothers and their 40 healthy neonates). Genotyping of VDR polymorphisms were assayed by real- time PCR and serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level and hs-CRP were measured by ELISA.
Vitamin D deficiency was observed in mothers of cases compared with healthy ones (p=<0.001) and in septic neonates versus healthy ones (p=<0.001).
Septic neonates had much higher VDR FokI TT genotype (p=0.014) and T allele (p=0.003) versus healthy ones.
- TT genotype and T allele could increase the risk of sepsis with OR 95% CI [4.804 (1.4-16.4)] and 2.786 (1.4-5.7) respectively
while VDR TaqI showed no association with sepsis. There was a strong LD between FokI and TaqI in sepsis cases. In sepsis, T/T genotype at FokI had significantly lower vitamin D (p=<0.001).
CONCLUSION: Vitamin D deficiency in mothers/neonates is a risk factor for neonatal sepsis. VDR FokI T allele had lower 25-hydroxyvitamin D level that may predispose to sepsis hazards.
PMID: 29530503 DOI: 10.1016/j.steroids.2018.03.003
|4256 visitors, last modified 27 Jun, 2019,