J Int Med Res. 2017 Feb;45(1):3-10. doi: 10.1177/0300060516668939. Epub 2017 Jan 17.
Liu S1, Cai H1, Cheng W1, Zhang H1, Pan Z1, Wang D2.
1 Department of Urology Surgery, Taizhou University Affiliated Taizhou Municipal Hospital, Taizhou, China.
2 Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Taizhou University Affiliated Taizhou Municipal Hospital, Taizhou, China.
Items in both categories Prostate Cancer and Dark Skin are listed here:
- Prostate Cancer risk in black men increased 2X having poor Vitamin D Binding Protein – July 2017
- Prostate cancer in black men is 1.6 times more likely if a poor Vitamin D Receptor – Feb 2017
- Aggressive Prostate Cancer in blacks with low vitamin D – 7X more likely if added Calcium – Jan 2017
- Higher rate of prostate cancer in AA may decrease if take vitamin D – July 2016
- Prostate Cancer incidence and death 2X more often among black men (vitamin D not mentioned) - July 2015
- Tanning potential predicts risk of Prostate Cancer in Blacks – Nov 2014
- PSA levels in blacks were not changed by 3 months of 4,000 IU of vitamin D (not enough) – June 2014
- 2X less prostate cancer in A-A with low Calcium is due vitamin D receptor gene – July 2013
Vitamin D Receptor category has the following
Vitamin D tests cannot detect Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) problems
A poor VDR restricts Vitamin D from getting in the cells
It appears that 30% of the population has a poor VDR (40% of the Obese )
VDR at-home test $29 - results not easily understood in 2016
There are hints that you may have inherited a poor VDR
Compensate for poor VDR by increasing one or more:
|1) Vitamin D supplement|
Sun, Ultraviolet -B
| Vitamin D in the blood |
and thus in the cells
|2) Magnesium||Vitamin D in the blood |
AND in the cells
|3) Omega-3||Vitamin D in the cells|
|4) Resveratrol||Vitamin D Receptor|
|5) Intense exercise||Vitamin D Receptor|
|6) Get prescription for VDR activator|
|Vitamin D Receptor|
|7) Quercetin (flavonoid)||Vitamin D Receptor|
|8) Zinc is in the VDR||Vitamin D Receptor|
|9) Boron||Vitamin D Receptor ?, |
|10) Essential oils e.g. ginger, curcumin||Vitamin D Receptor|
|11) Progesterone||Vitamin D Receptor|
|12) Infrequent high concentration Vitamin D|
Increases the concentration gradient
|Vitamin D in the cells|
Note: If you are not feeling enough benefit from Vitamin D, you might try increasing VDR activation. You might feel the benefit within days of adding one or more of the above
Far healthier and stronger at age 72 due to supplements Includes 6 supplements which help the VDR
If poor Vitamin D Receptor
FREE PDF is online
Objective Prostate cancer is a malignant tumour that poses a serious risk to human health. Epidemiological studies suggest that it may be associated with vitamin D receptor gene ( VDR) polymorphisms. Previous work investigated potential risks between Taq I (rs731236) and Bsm I (rs1544410) VDR polymorphisms with prostate cancer in humans; however, results are inconsistent.
Methods We conducted a meta-analysis to retrieve genetic association analyses of rs731236 and rs1544410 polymorphisms with prostate cancer from studies published between 2006-2016. Pooled odds ratios with 95% confidence intervals were used to assess genetic associations, and heterogeneity was assessed by Q and I2 statistics.
Results Our findings suggest a significant association between rs731236 and prostate cancer risk in Asians and African Americans, but rs1544410 was not associated with prostate cancer under three genetic models.
Conclusion Future studies including larger sample sizes and the analysis of gene functions are needed to help develop prostate cancer treatment.
PMID: 28222630 DOI: 10.1177/0300060516668939
|1791 visitors, last modified 06 Mar, 2017, URL: