Research prioritization of interventions for the primary prevention of preterm birth: An international survey.
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019 Jan 25. pii: S0301-2115(19)30048-X. doi: 10.1016/j.ejogrb.2019.01.021.
Allotey J1, Matei A2, Husain S3, Newton S4, Dodds J5, Armson AB2, Khan KS5, Vogel JP6.
- Preterm births are VERY costly – Feb 2017
- Preterm birth rate reduced by vitamin D – 78 percent if non-white, 39 percent if white – July 2017
- Omega-3 index of 5 greatly decreases the risk of an early preterm birth – Dec 2018
- Pre-term birth rate of pregnant smokers cut in half if take Omega-3 – RCT May 2017
- Preterm births strongly related to Vitamin D, Vitamin D Receptor, Iodine, Omega-3, etc
- Typical pregnancy is now 39 weeks – Omega-3 and Vitamin D might restore it to full 40 weeks
- Omega-3 supplementation during pregnancy reduce early pre-term births (save 1500 USD per child) – Aug 2016
- Omega-3 helps pregnancy in many ways: preterm 26 percent less likely etc – review July 2012
Vitamin D Receptor
- Preterm births 12 X more likely if poor Vitamin D Receptor (white infants in Italy) – meta-analysis Aug 2018
- Preterm birth far more likely if previous miscarriage and poor Vitamin D receptor – Aug 2017
- Vitamin D Receptor is associated with preeclampsia, gestational diabetes and preterm birth – Nov 2017
Pregnancy category starts with
- see also
- Overview Pregnancy and vitamin D
- Number of articles in both categories of Pregnancy and:
25 ; Depression 17 ; Diabetes 39 ; Obesity 11 ; Hypertension 35 ; Breathing 29 ; Omega-3 30 ; Vitamin D Receptor 18
- All items in category Infant/Child
- breastfed 887 items as of Jan 2018
- Preeclampsia 825 items as of Jan 2018
- Pre-term 4710 items as of Dec 2018
- "polycystic ovary syndrome" OR PCOS 303 items as of Jan 2018
- Gestational Diabetes
- c-section OR "caesarean section" (various spellings) 937 items as of Aug 2020
- postpartum depression 208 items as of Aug 2018
- Search VitaminDiiki for MISCARRIAGE OR "Spontaneous abortion" 794 as of Feb 2020
- Search VitaminDWiki for "Assisted reproduction" 33 items as of Feb 2017
- Fertility and Sperm category listing has
109 items along with related searches
- (Stunting OR “low birth weight” OR LBW) 1180 items as of June 2020
- Healthy pregnancies need lots of vitamin D
- Ensure a healthy pregnancy and baby - take Vitamin D before conception
Download the PDF from Sci-Hub via VitaminDWiki
Just Vitamin D
5 (1.0) Affordability to women The intervention will be affordable to women 5 (1.0) Affordability to HCP The intervention will be affordable to health careproviders 5 (1.0) Acceptability to women The intervention will be acceptable to women 5 (0) Acceptability to HCP The intervention will be acceptable to health careproviders 5 (1.0) Implementation The intervention can be implemented 5 (1.0) Sustainability The intervention can be sustained in the long-term 4 (2.0) Equity The intervention will reach the most vulnerablegroups and reduce health inequity 4 (2.0) Effectiveness of an RCT An RCT on this intervention is likely to demonstrate desirable or beneficial effects 5 (1.0) Feasibility of an RCT An RCT on this intervention would be feasible 5 (1.0 Summary Score
Vitamin D, Omega-3, etc
To identify research priorities of interventions for the primary prevention of preterm birth (PTB), by conducting an international stakeholder survey.
A prospective cross-sectional online survey was conducted in November 2016. Fifteen interventions to prevent spontaneous PTB were identified and ranked by stakeholders (n = 159) in the field of maternal and perinatal health research, using nine equally weighted criteria. Medians and interquartile ranges (IQRs) were calculated and the interventions ranked accordingly.
Respondents to the survey were from 46 different countries, mostly from low and middle-income countries (62%, 99/159) and were mainly clinicians (80%, 127/159). Of the fifteen interventions ranked, the following five were identified as research priorities in the primary prevention of PTB: dietary counselling and nutritional education, risk scoring, vitamin D supplementation, exercise and antioxidant supplementation.
We have identified research priorities of interventions to prevent spontaneous PTB through a global stakeholder survey. The interventions prioritized in this exercise can be used by researchers, grant funding bodies and research-policy decision makers to inform calls on future clinical trials or individual patient data meta-analyses on the primary prevention of PTB.
Preterm birth might be prevented by Vitamin D, Omega-3, etc. (International survey) – Jan 2019
849 visitors, last modified 04 Feb, 2019,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
- All items in category Infant/Child