By Dr. Mercola , December 07, 2014
Includes video with transcript, references, comments, etc.
- 67 % of Americans receive fluoridated water
More people drink fluoridated water in the US than in the rest of the world combined.
- >100 published studies have found fluoride's harm to the brain
- Fluoridated countries do not have less tooth decay than non-fluoridated countries.
- > 40 % of American teens show visible signs of fluoride overexposure (CDC)
Outwardly visual signs of this condition include pitting and discoloration of your teeth,
- African American and Mexican American children have significantly higher rates of dental fluorosis, (dark skin, vitamin D?)
10 Facts About Fluoride You Need to Know Mercola Jan 2015
Added the following
- 97 percent of the Western Europe drinks non-fluoridated water.
- >40 human studies and 100 animal studies linking fluoride to brain damage
- fluoride added to most water supplies is not the naturally occurring variety
- For Infants, Fluoridated Water Provides No Benefits, Only Risks
Note - distilled water is available in many places for making infant formula
- Fluoride Supplements Have Never Been Approved by the FDA
- Totally unknown: How much Magnesium is removed by Fluoridated water: 0.1%, 1%. 10% ?
- Unable to quickly find Magnesium deficiency in Europe to compare with the US
- NEVER mix infant formula with fluoridated tap water for example, as this may overexpose your child to 100 times the proposed "safe" level of fluoride exposure for infants!
- "Fluoride Is Both an Endocrine Disruptor and a Neurotoxin"
- "For over 50 Years, Fluoride Levels Were Too High, Government Admits" in April 2015
- Hypothesis: Fluoridation reduces magnesium in body
- Most of the world does not have Fluoride in the water (lowers levels of Magnesium) - 1995
- Off topic: Little water fluoridation in Europe - which is good for Mg and Vitamin D – April 2013
- Effect of fluoride on the mobilization of skeletal magnesium and soft-tissue calcinosis during acute magnesium deficiency in the rat 1976
Full free text online - used 50 ppm F - Fluoridation is typically 1 ppm F
- Water Fluoridation: A Critical Review of the Physiological Effects of Ingested Fluoride as a Public Health Intervention 2014
fluoride-induced brittle teeth more frequent with sodium fluoride compared with natural calcium fluoride
average loss 7 IQ points in children with Fluoride (27 studies)
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki.
- Fluoride: Poison on Tap Mercola update Oct 2017