Clips from NYT
- "Drug overdoses are expected to remain the leading cause of death for Americans under 50,"
- ". . deaths involving synthetic opioids, mostly fentanyls, have risen to more than 20,000 from 3,000 in just three years."
- Off Topic: 4X increase in Americans taking morphine-type drugs in last decade (consider Vitamin D instead) – Aug 2014
- Opiate addiction 2.4 X more likely if vitamin D deficient before surgery – June 2020
- Palliative cancer benefit of 4,000 IU of Vitamin D – less opioids, infection, and CRP – Aug 2017
- Mistreated – book by Dr. Robert Pearl - May 2017
"Opiate use is now the most common cause of death from injury in the US. "
- Overview Pain and Vitamin D
- 7 improvements in lives of veterans with chronic pain with 50,000 IU vitamin D weekly – June 2012
- Googled cbd opiates pain - 345,000 hits as of Sept 2017
- How Cannabis Could Turn the Opioid Epidemic Around
- Opioid Withdrawal and Cannabidiol (CBD)
- How does CBD interact with opiate pain meds?
- 1 Out of 12 Doctors Collecting Bonuses for Pushing Opioids Mercola Aug 2017
" 375,000 non-research opioid-related payments to more than 68,000 physicians, totaling more than $46 million"
- Opioids Aren’t the Only Pain Drugs to Fear NYT Sept 2017
"A 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health estimated that 3.8 million Americans use opioids for nonmedical reasons every month"
"With 100 million Americans living with chronic pain, according to a 2011 report by the Institute of Medicine, there is a vast market available for people “legitimately” prescribed an opioid to become hooked on ever-larger doses of these drugs"
Major problems with long-term use of Tylenol and NSAIDS (especially if poor kidney, liver, or heart)
- VR Promises a Surprising Tech Alternative to Painkillers in Deadly Opioid Crisis Sept 2017
Interaction during VR games provides a lot of pain distraction
One person was able to stop his opeiate use for pain of broken back by the use of VR