- September 24, 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration released its long-overdue safety communication on amalgam
- The FDA warns mercury fillings may adversely affect people in certain high-risk groups and should be avoided
- Groups identified as being at increased risk for harmful effects from dental mercury fillings include
- pregnant women and their developing fetuses,
- nursing women,
- women who are planning to become pregnant,
- infants and children under the age of 6,
- people with neurological diseases,
- impaired kidney function or heightened sensitivity to mercury or other amalgam components
- After years of pressure from Consumers for Dental Choice and its allies, the FDA finally agreed to reopen the amalgam issue, and now admits dental amalgam releases mercury vapor that can cause health problems in some individuals
- The FDA also advised against use of the misleading term “silver fillings,” and urges patients to discuss all dental filling options with their dentist
- "The FDA is legally required to classify — that is, issue a rule for — all medical devices, including dental amalgam. But for 30 years, FDA dodged its legal duty to classify amalgam."
- FDA allows the claim that Vitamin D “supports healthy pregnancies and promotes full-term births” – Oct 2019
Would be nice to have a Vitamin D group which would benefit from FDA approving “credible claims”
Would probably need >$30,000 to petition the FDA
Unfortunately, unaware of a group that would benefit
- FDA does allow a claim for Calcium plus Vitamin D for Osteoporosis
- FDA decided to double vitamin D in milk after talking 4 times with by Dr. Matthews – July 2016
- 1,200 IU of Vitamin D now recommended if you consume 3,000 calories daily (FDA) – 2018
- Wonder if this FDA change was a result of Dr. Matthews effort?
- Dr. L. Ray Matthews Unleashes the Power of Vitamin D
Life Extension Magazine Oct 2013
"Of course, Dr. Matthews wasn’t able to simply walk into his hospital and declare a new strategy for using vitamin D on all patients. It took much convincing, and that convincing began with, of all people, the staff nutritionist."
"“The best way I could explain what I was talking about was to show the nutritionist our patients’ vitamin D levels as they were admitted,” he explains. “I would order the test right away and as they’d come back, I’d walk over to the nutritionist and show her. We had some horribly low levels. The average person coming into the ICU at Grady had a hydroxyvitamin D level of 15 ng/mL, which is very, very low. But we’d see people with single digit numbers. Four. Six. Once I showed the nutritionists these numbers, my question to them was, ‘Why aren’t you checking vitamin D levels?’” "
- Vitamin D does not reduce the risk of Multiple Sclerosis – FDA incorrect conclusion – Jan 2018
- Vitamin D Council vs FDA concerning vitamin D deficiency in blacks and others - June 2011
- Did not followthru with the necessary >$30,000 and decade of effort to change the FDA
- FDA petitioned to acknowledge that vitamin D cuts preterm birth rate in half – May 2018
- No change by the FDA - apparently did not pay the $30,000 nor put in years of effort
- Off topic – FDA buried evidence of fraud in 78-600 clinical trials – Feb 2015
- FDA allows specific Omega-3 health claims - July 2019
- US Law Forbids the Medicinal Use of Natural Substances – Sept 2019
- More than half of the FDA entire budget now comes from Big Pharma, not the govt. – Sept 2018
- Off Topic: FDA advisors have many conflicts of interest
- one of the reasons to hide the information
- Far too expensive to have FDA approve vitamin D – Dec 2013
- Kellogg petitions FDA to raise the Vitamin D fortification of cereals and bars– Sept 2019
- They may have enough money to get the FDA to change
FDA: Failure, Deception, Abuse:
The Story of an Out-of-Control Government Agency and What It Means for Your Health
Hardcover – January, 2010
by Life Extension Magazine $6 used on Amazon
On LEF Website
FDA: Failure, Deception, Abuse consists of FDA exposé articles William Faloon and others have written over the past 14 years. The book represents a compilation of FDA atrocities that have never appeared together in one publication. The objective is to disseminate this book, published by Praktikos Books (www.Praktikosbooks.com), far and wide in order to enlighten this country about the urgent need for radical FDA reform.
Armed with the unassailable data provided in FDA: Failure, Deception, Abuse, the ground-work has been laid for citizens to rise up against FDA oppressors and demand Congress enact immediate and radical FDA reform, including allowing Americans to access any therapy they believe may save their lives (as long as fraud is not involved). If radical FDA reform is not enacted, most people reading this article will suffer premature aging and death.