JAMA issue (of course) does not mention that money association
30 years ago the head of a hospital was typically a doctor
Now that hospitals have become businesses the head is now typically an MBA
Would ANY business ever want to decrease their business?
http://www.helpguide.org/harvard/how-excess-weight-affects-your-health.htm does not mention vitamin D
- "Obese adults spend 42 % more on direct healthcare costs than adults who are a healthy weight"
- Obesity Now Costs Americans More In HealthCare Spending Than Smoking Forbes 2012
"Obese men rack up an additional $1,152 a year in medical spending,"
"Obese women account for an extra $3,613 a year"
"Obesity has risen a full 34% since 1960 while morbid obesity is up sixfold."
- Fast Facts: The Cost of Obesity 2012
"Obesity-attributable expenditures for Medicare and Medicaid make up 8.5 % and 11.8 % of spending, respectively."
Overview Obesity and Vitamin D contains the following summary
- FACT: People who are obese have less vitamin D in their blood
- FACT: Obese need a higher dose of vitamin D to get to the same level of vit D
- FACT: When obese people lose weight the vitamin D level in their blood increases
- FACT: Adding Calcium, perhaps in the form of fortified milk, often reduces weight
- FACT: 140 trials for vitamin D intervention of obesity as of Sept 2019
- FACT: Less weight gain by senior women with > 30 ng of vitamin D
- FACT: Dieters lost additional 5 lbs if vitamin D supplementation got them above 32 ng - RCT
- FACT: Obese lost 3X more weight by adding $10 of Vitamin D
- FACT: Those with darker skins were more likely to be obese Sept 2014
- SUGGESTION: Probably need more than 4,000 IU to lose weight if very low on vitamin D due to
risk factors such as overweight, age, dark skin, live far from equator,shut-in, etc.
- Obesity category has
- Obesity analysis by McKinsey (Excellent - even though no vitamin D) - Nov 2014 has the following charts
- 1.8X increased risk of Obesity if antibiotics were used during pregnancy – Nov 2014
- Antibiotic usage US map is very similar to obesity US map - June 2015
- Huge increases in health problems – risk factors include Vitamin D, Antibiotics, and Roundup