blog post by Sceptical Nutritionist
A few highlights
- Professor Caryl Nowson stated that Australia has one of the most restrictive food regulations in the world with respect to the amount of vitamin D permitted in the food supply.
- average estimated dietary intake for adults is only 2–3 μg/day
- When I read the draft Australian Dietary Guidelines I expected to find at least a brief review of Australia’s vitamin D deficiency problem, recommendations on how it could be addressed in the context of the current food supply and prospects for future action.
- But don’t bother looking – there wasn’t a single literature review conducted on vitamin D and any aspect of health
- All items in category Australia and Vitamin D
64 itemsNutrition authorities in Aust and NZ ignoring vitamin D deficiency - July 2012 1517 visitors, last modified 22 Jul, 2013,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)