- 9 month study from Sao Paulo, Brazil,
- as late as 12+ years after menopause.
- Presented at the Annual Meeting of the North American Menopause Society.
unfortunately there was no link and I could not find the abstract
- handgrip strength increased 25%
- Improved muscle function in postmenopausal women with just 1,000 IU of vitamin D daily – RCT May 2015
Very similar results as the study on this page
- Vitamin D supplementation improves muscle strength in healthy adults – meta-analysis of 6 RCT Aug 2014
- Muscle Strength improved 1.4 to 19 percent by vitamin D3 (not D2) – systematic review June 2016
- Sarcopenia (muscle loss) fought by Vitamin D, exercise and protein - many studies many studies
- Seniors gained 0.3 kg of muscle in 6 weeks with 800 IU and Leucine protein – Aug 2017
- Nordic Walking and 4,000 IU of vitamin D lowered cholesterol, fat, weight, and lipids (senior women) – RCT Feb 2018