Ann Agric Environ Med. 2016 Dec 23;23(4):671-676. doi: 10.5604/12321966.1226865.
Skowrońska P1, Pastuszek E2, Kuczyński W3, Jaszczoł M4, Kuć P3, Jakiel G5, Wocławek-Potocka I6, Łukaszuk K7.
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) 4 times more likely if poor Vitamin D Receptor – Dec 2015
- Male fertility 4 X higher if high Vitamin D – Nov 2015 not mentioned in study on this page
- Increased fertility (ovarian reserve, FSH) associated with higher levels of vitamin D – March 2015
- Pregnancy success increased 30 percent if sunny (or vitamin D) one month earlier – June 2015
- Assisted Reproduction – 5 studies concluded vitamin D repletion helps – Review March 2015
- Vitamin D somewhat assists reproduction – both the mother and the father – May 2014
- In vitro fertilization not helped by vitamin D if ignore high levels and male levels – meta Mar 2016
- Fertility and sperm category listing has
110 items along with related searches
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
Vitamin D is essential for the proper functioning of the human body.
There is also evidence of its strong association with fertility problems in women.
This review aims to evaluate the relationship between vitamin D and diseases affecting women's fertility
- (polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS),
- uterine leiomyomas and endometriosis), and in
- vitro fertilization (IVF) outcome.
A systematic review of the literature was conducted in Scopus and PubMed for relevant English language publications since 1989.
Vitamin D influences the functioning of the reproductive system in women and has been associated with
- uterine leiomyomas,
- endometriosis and
- in vitro fertilization (IVF) outcome.
However, further studies on larger groups of patients are needed to establish what role vitamin D plays in the treatment of female infertility.
PMID: 28030942 DOI: 10.5604/12321966.1226865Many fertility disorders associated with low vitamin D, still unsure how much is needed – Dec 2016
3018 visitors, last modified 08 Mar, 2017,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)