NAM ==> National Academy of Medicine(Press Release)
- "The National Academy of Medicine (NAM), formerly called the Institute of Medicine (IoM), is an American nonprofit, non-governmental organization. The National Academy of Medicine is a part of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, along with the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), National Academy of Engineering (NAE), and the National Research Council (NRC)."
- "The institute was founded in 1970, under the congressional charter of the National Academy of Sciences as the Institute of Medicine"
- US admits math mistake was made in 2010 in estimating Vitamin D, but will not change recommendations – Nov 2017
- Institute of Medicine (which recommended low vitamin D) has many conflicts of interest – July 2014
- IoM error: 8 percent, not just 1 percent, had bone loss when vitamin D higher than 20 ng