Prenatal 25-hydroxyvitamin D deficiency affects development of atopic dermatitis via DNA methylation.
J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2018 Oct 20. pii: S0091-6749(18)31477-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2018.10.010.
Cho HJ1, Sheen YH2, Kang MJ3, Lee SH3, Lee SY4, Yoon J5, Jung S4, Lee SH3, Kim YH4, Yang SI6, Lee E7, Seo JH8, Ahn K9, Kim KW10, Suh DI11, Won HS12, Lee MY12, Kim SH13, Choi SJ14, Kwon JY15, Jun JK16, Kwon SO17, Oh SY18, Hong SJ19.
Due to the hypomethylation and consequently increased expression of oxidative stress-promoting genes in severely vitamin D-deficient fetus, the resulting offspring is predisposed to subsequent AD development and its severity.
Publisher wants $39 for the PDF, no response by Sci-hub on Oct 24, 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) treated by 1,600 IU Vitamin D (again) – Meta-analysis Aug 2019
- Increased risk of atopic dermatitis with low vitamin D during pregnancy perhaps due to poor methylation – Oct 2018
- Atopic dermatitis treated by Vitamin D (in dogs too) - RCT Feb 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) treated by 1600 IU of vitamin D – meta-analysis Dec 2016
- Atopic Eczema might be helped by Vitamin D – Review May 2015
- Dermatologists still not convienced that Vitamin D reduces atopic dermatitis – Review Dec 2013
- Eczema 25 percent more likely if low vitamin D– July 2013
- Atopic dermatitis dramatically reduced in Iran with 1600 IU of vitamin D – RCT March 2012
- Atopic Dermatitis and Eczema - many studies
- Atopic dermatitis worse for those with low vitamin D – Nov 2010
- Micronutrients, methylation, epigenetics, longevity podcast by Rhonda Patrick and Tim Ferriss - June 2015
- Activation (methylation) of CYP2R1 and CYP24A1 predict response to dose of vitamin D – Oct 2013
- 430 genes changed when 3,800 IU Vitamin D added in late second trimester – RCT May 2018
- Food allergies are associated with Vitamin D thru genes, etc. – March 2018
- Epigenetics of Multiple Sclerosis – March 2014