Low serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels may increase the detrimental effect of VDR variants on the risk of essential hypertension.
Eur J Clin Nutr. 2019 Dec 11. doi: 10.1038/s41430-019-0543-5.
Shen F1, Guo C2, Wang Y1, Yu F1, Zhang D1, Liu X3, Ba Y4, Wang C3, Li W5, Li X6.
Hypertension category listing contains the following
Overview Overview Hypertension and Vitamin D
Overview Cardiovascular and vitamin D
Overview Stroke and vitamin D
Incidence of 22 health problems related to vitamin D have doubled in a decade
Some interesting Hypertension studies
- Hypertension risk decreased 10X by increasing vitamin D levels to more than 40 ng – Nov 2017
- COVID-19 deaths 4 to 7 X more likely if Diabetic, Hypertensive, or CVD - meta-analysis March 2020
- Drug-resistant hypertension 3.5 X more likely if low vitamin D – March 2020
- High Blood Pressure reduced by Vitamin D supplementation in seniors and obese – meta-analysis May 2019
- Blood pressure in diabetics reduced by 12 weekly doses of 50,000 IU vitamin D – RCT Jan 2014
- Hypertension is associated with low vitamin D in some groups – meta-analysis April 2015
- Off Topic – Hypertension in 42 percent of adults (new definition: 130 mm Hg) – Feb 2018
- Men aged 40-59 59%, age >60 75%: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2017–2018
Items in both categories Hypertension and Vitamin D Receptor are listed here:
The risk of 44 diseases at least double with poor Vitamin D Receptor as of Oct 2019
Vitamin D Receptor Activation can be increased by any of: Resveratrol, Omega-3, Magnesium, Zinc. Quercetin, non-daily Vit D. Curcumin, intense exercise, Ginger, Essential oils, etc Note: The founder of VitaminDWiki uses 10 of the 12 known VDR activators
Resveratrol improves health (Vitamin D receptor, etc.) has the following
- The Vitamin D Receptor can restrict how much of the Vitamin D in the blood actually gets to cells
- Resveratrol is one of 11 ways to negate the Vitamin D Receptor restrictions
- Resveratrol is produced by several plants in response to injury or, when the plant is under attack by pathogens such as bacteria or fung
- Benefits of Reseveratrol, like Vitamin D, appears to be increased when used with other things
- Quercetin and Curcumin in the case of Resveratro
The articles in both of the categories Resveratrol and Vitamin D Receptor
- Vitamin D Receptor activation should reduce ARDS associated with COVID-19 - June 2020
- Cognitive decline not helped by daily vitamin D getting to just 30 ng – RCT July 2019
- Resveratrol prevented bone loss associated with T2DM (probably via VDR) – RCT Sept 2018
- Effects of Resveratrol against Lung Cancer in mice – Nov 2017
- Resveratrol Role in Autoimmune Disease-A Mini-Review. – Dec 2016
- Lifespan and healthspan extension by resveratrol - Jan 2015
- Resveratrol for Alzheimer's disease – Sept 2017
- Resveratrol and Cardiovascular Diseases – May 2016
- The Role of Resveratrol in Cancer Therapy – Dec 2017
- Resveratrol improves health (Vitamin D receptor, etc.)
- Bone density improved with resveratrol (which improves Vitamin D Receptor) – RCT Sept 2018
- Natural Ways to Increase Calcitriol and Activate The Vitamin D Receptor Gene – Oct 2017
- Immune system is aided by red grapes, blueberries, both of which increase Vitamin D receptor – 2013
- Vitamin D Receptor
- Resveratol helps vitamin D bind to cells
- Resveratrol gets vitamin D to cells even if poor vitamin D receptor
The present cross-sectional study evaluated the association of vitamin D receptor (VDR) variants with serum 25(OH)D3 levels and their interaction on essential hypertension (EH) risk.
1539 patients were eligible in the study population. Two loci in VDR gene (rs2239179, rs2189480) were genotyped by TaqMan probe assays. Logistic regression, Kruskal-Wallis rank test and Chi-square test were used to determine the association among VDR polymorphisms, serum vitamin D metabolites, and the risk of EH. Interaction plots were performed to explain the interaction effects of circulating 25(OH)D3 levels and VDR variants on EH susceptibility.
After potential confounding adjustment, we observed that the mutations of VDR (rs2239179/rs2189480) were associated with the increased risk of EH (P < 0.05). Moreover, plasma 25(OH)D3 levels were inversely associated with EH, However, we did not find the association between serum 25(OH)D3 and VDR variants. When comparing with wild-type homozygous and heterozygous genotype carriers with vitamin D sufficiency, hypovitaminosis D and insufficient participants carrying homozygous variant genotype of rs2239179 showed a higher risk of EH, increased by 113% (OR = 2.13, 95% CI: 1.20, 3.80); Notably, the detrimental effect of rs2239179 homozygous variant on EH became stronger in the case of serum 25(OH)D3 <30 ng/ml. However, we did not find the interaction effect between rs2189480 variants and serum 25(OH)D3 levels on the risk of EH.
Our results suggested that the mutations of VDR may accelerate the progression of EH etiology, especially when suffering hypovitaminnosis D and insufficiency.
|1577 visitors, last modified 13 Dec, 2019,