from People of Color in the U.S. June 2012
Deficiency is < 17.5 nanograms of vitamin D in this chart
- Overview Dark Skin and Vitamin D
- Blacks born in Africa and moved to US had 27X higher rate of TB than people born in the US 2000-2009
- 82 % of black US adults < 20 ng of vitamin D – Jan 2011
- 80 % of South Asian Women in UK had less than 10 ng of vitamin D in winter – April 2012
- 88 % of African immigrants to Melborne had < 20 ng of vitamin D
- Immigrant vitamin D deficiency in Europe – May 2011
- All items in Skin Color and vitamin D
- 5 out of 6 UK dark skinned kids who were vitamin D deficient had no symptoms – May 2012
- Dark skin births are much riskier due to lack of vitamin D
- Overview Vitamin D deficiency in the Middle East
- Virtually all Native American children low on vitamin D and had indications of diabetes – Oct 2011
- Striking ethnic health disparity – blacks dying due to lack of vitamin D – Nov 2011
- Black Sudanese children 350X more likely to have rickets than other Australians – April 2012
- Vitamin D insufficiency in UK youths – 37X more likely if dark skin – July 2011
- Race vs vitamin D level - Veith May 2011 has the following chart
University of Toronto, Canada Students
African, East Asian, South Asian, Other - virtually all vitamin D deficient in the winter
Black vs White White: low D vs high D breast cancer 1.34 1.26 colorectal cancer 1.43 1.44 cardiovascular disease 1.29 1.27 all-cause mortality 1.26 1.26
CLICK HERE for details, Dr. Grant
- More than half of the growth in the total population of the United States between 2000 and 2010 was due to the increase in the Hispanic population.
- The Asian population grew faster than any other major race group between 2000 and 2010.
- The populations of California, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, and New Mexico are "majority-minority,"
meaning over 50% of the population was a minority.
Also called Visible Minority WikiPedia
Canada: 2001 13.4%; 2006 16.2%; 2012 19.6% (projected)
In Canada "visible minority" describes
Blacks, Chinese, Filipinos, Japanese, Koreans, Latin Americans, Pacific Islanders, South Asians, and West Asians/Arabs
In Vancouver, Canada "visible minorities" actually comprise the majority of the population.
Distribution of "visible minorities" in CanadaHalf of the US will be people of color – wonder how many will be vitamin D deficient
7291 visitors, last modified 26 Jan, 2014,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)Skin - Dark 417 Vitamin D Far from equator 111 Top news 812