- " I 868 people have become infected with AH5N1 since 2003, with 456 deaths reported in 21 countries. "
- (in birds) "The fatality rate is over 90 per cent and the reproduction, or “R,” rate can exceed 100. "
Avian flu: our food chain is in crisis the Telegraph Oct 31, 2022
- "Mutations in the virus have allowed it to infect a very broad range of bird species but also many other mammals including dolphins and porpoises, cats and dogs, foxes and skunks, and even tigers."
Note: Bird flu is an enveloped virus that can be prevented and treated in humans and birds by Vitamin D
H7N9 (bird flu) was first noticed in 2013
- "Since 1997, the highly pathogenic H5N1 avian subtype has developed the ability to be transmitted from poultry to humans."
- "So far, there are no reports of human-to-human transmission of H5N1, but this is not true of avian influenza subtype H7N9, which emerged in 2013 and has limited suspected cases in which people were infected by family members. "