Association of vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms with susceptibility to childhood asthma: A meta-analysis.
Pediatr Pulmonol. 2016 Aug 23. doi: 10.1002/ppul.23548. [Epub ahead of print]
Zhao DD1, Yu DD1, Ren QQ1, Dong B1, Zhao F1, Sun YH1,2.
1Department of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China.
2Centre for Evidence-Based Practice, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China.
- 2X higher risk of wheezing and asthma if modified receptor genes, even if vitamin D levels OK – Sept 2015
- Overview Asthma and Vitamin D
Breathing category starts with the following
- Search VitaminDWiki for "Respiratory Tract Infection" 482 items as of Sept 2017
- Search VitaminDWiki for Pneumoma 521 items as of Oct 2017
- Search VitaminDWiki for ASTHMA in title 640 items - July 2017
- COPD helped by weekly 50,000 IU Vitamin D – several trials
- Search VitaminDWiki for Wheeze 285 items as of Jan 2017
- Search VitaminDWiki for "air pollution" 554 items as of May 2018
- Cystic Fibrosis category listing has
28 items along with related searches
- Air Pollution reduces Vitamin D
Note: Air Pollution reduces UVB and keeps people indoors, both reduce Vitamin D
- Smoking reduces vitamin D
Supplementing with Vitamin D will improve the health of smokers and might decease craving
- Overviews at VitaminDWiki: Allergy Lung Cancer TB Asthma Influenza Colds and flu Pneumonia Respiratory infections
Vitamin D Receptor category has the following
210 items in Vitamin D Receptor category
Vitamin D tests cannot detect Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) problems
A poor VDR restricts Vitamin D from getting in the cells
A poor VDR increases the risk of 41 health problems click here for details
VDR at-home test $29 - results not easily understood in 2016
There are hints that you may have inherited a poor VDR
You can compensate for poor VDR by increasing one or more of the following:
Increasing Increases 1) Vitamin D supplement
Sun, Ultraviolet -B
Vitamin D in the blood
and thus to the cells
2) Magnesium Vitamin D in the blood
AND to the cells
3) Omega-3 Vitamin D to the cells 4) Resveratrol Vitamin D to the cells 5) Intense exercise Vitamin D Receptor 6) Get prescription for VDR activator
Vitamin D Receptor 7) Quercetin (flavonoid) Vitamin D Receptor 8) Zinc is in the VDR
Costs less than 1 cent per day
Vitamin D Receptor
Publisher rents the PDF for $6
As for the association of vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene polymorphisms with susceptibility to pediatric asthma, results of published studies yielded conflicts. A systematic review was conducted on the relationship between childhood asthma and VDR gene polymorphisms, including ApaI (rs7975232), BsmI (rs1544410), FokI (rs2228570), and TaqI (rs731236).
PubMed, Web of Science, CBM (Chinese Biomedical Database), CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure), and Wanfang (Chinese) database were searched for relevant studies. Pooled odds ratios (OR) with 95% confidence interval (CI) were calculated.
Overall results suggested that there was a statistically significant association between ApaI polymorphism and childhood asthma in homozygote model (OR = 1.674, 95%CI = 1.269-2.208, P < 0.001) and allele model (OR = 1.221, 95%CI = 1.084-1.375, P = 0.001). Stratification by ethnicity revealed a statistical association in Asians (OR = 1.389, 95%CI = 1.178-1.638, P < 0.001). There was some evidence of an association between BsmI polymorphism and childhood asthma in the homozygote (OR = 1.462, 95%CI = 1.016-2.105, P = 0.041) and allele models (OR = 1.181, 95%CI = 1.006-1.386, P = 0.042). This association reached significance only in the Caucasian group (OR = 1.236, 95%CI = 1.029-1.485, P = 0.023). For FokI, a statistical association was detected in dominant model (OR = 1.281, 95%CI = 1.055-1.555, P = 0.012); this association was significant in allele model (OR = 1.591, 95%CI = 1.052-2.405, P = 0.028) in Caucasian.
ApaI polymorphism plays a particular role in childhood asthma in Asians. FokI polymorphism may be connected with pediatric asthma in Caucasian population. And BsmI polymorphism marginally contributes to childhood asthma susceptibility, while there might be no association between TaqI polymorphism and childhood asthma risk.
Pediatr Pulmonol. 2016; 9999:XX-XX. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
PMID: 27551963 DOI: 10.1002/ppul.23548
765 visitors, last modified 14 Mar, 2018, URL:
- Air Pollution reduces Vitamin D