How Omega 3 Boosts Performance By Increasing Oxygen And Blood Flow To The Muscles During Exercise.
"Several studies has so far shown the effects of Omega 3 supplementation in RBC deformability in highly trained athletes. In one study trained cyclists were given a 6 week regime of either omega 3 supplementation or a ‘standard diet’ and then their red blood cell deformability was tested during a 1 hour cycle at 70% of V02 max at sea level and in an altitude chamber. The authors found there was a significant improvement in the deformability in the omega 3 supplemented group"
See also VitaminDWiki
- Overview Sports and vitamin D
- Vitamin D supplementation improves muscle strength in healthy adults – meta-analysis of 6 RCT Aug 2014
- Senior muscles increased somewhat with Omega-3 – RCT July 2015
- Overview: Omega-3 many benefits include helping vitamin D
- Cardiovascular system benefits from both Omega-3 and vitamin D – Dec 2012
- Vitamin D and omega-3 are the only supplements which show benefit in meta-analysis – Jan 2012
- 10 Diseases associated with Multiple Sclerosis are also associated with low Omega-3 and vitamin D – Feb 2016
- I use Vectomega brand of Omega-3 – Admin of VitaminDWiki, May 2014