Table of contents
- 10 VitaminDWiki pages had" LONG HAUL in the title as of July 2021
- Long-Haul COVID likely caused by Epstein-Barr virus
- Survey of 5,000 long-haulers- March 2021
- Long Haul probably decreased if increase Vitamin D getting to cells - on the web
- More than 50 Long-term effects of COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis - Jan 2021
- Those who get COVID-19 after being vaccinated (breakthru) are 1/2 as likely to get long-haul - Sept 2021
- 1/3 of UK Long Haul has lasted more than 1 year - July 2021
- Long-Haul support groups
- Long haul on the web
- See also VitaminDWiki: COVID-19 treated by Vitamin D - studies, reports, videos
Some of the columns at the top of one very long table
- How to Treat Long-Haul COVID Feb 2021
- 5 of the 8 treatments suggested are known to increase Vitamin D in the cells
- Resilience and recovery for COVID-19 long haulers June 2021
- 4 of the 7 treatments suggested are known to increase Vitamin D in the cells
Vitamin D Receptor activation can be increased by any of: Resveratrol, Omega-3, Magnesium, Zinc, Quercetin, non-daily Vit D, Curcumin, intense exercise, Ginger, Essential oils, etc Note: The founder of VitaminDWiki uses 10 of the 13 known VDR activators
The risk of 44 diseases at least double with poor Vitamin D Receptor as of Oct 2019
Prerint doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.01.27.21250617
Sandra Lopez-Leon, Talia Wegman-Ostrosky, Carol Perelman, Rosalinda Sepulveda, Paulina A Rebolledo, Angelica Cuapio, Sonia Villapol
COVID-19, caused by SARS-CoV-2, can involve sequelae and other medical complications that last weeks to months after initial recovery, which has come to be called Long-COVID or COVID long-haulers. This systematic review and meta-analysis aims to identify studies assessing long-term effects of COVID-19 and estimates the prevalence of each symptom, sign, or laboratory parameter of patients at a post-COVID-19 stage. LitCOVID (PubMed and Medline) and Embase were searched by two independent researchers. All articles with original data for detecting long-term COVID-19 published before 1st of January 2021 and with a minimum of 100 patients were included. For effects reported in two or more studies, meta-analyses using a random-effects model were performed using the MetaXL software to estimate the pooled prevalence with 95% CI. Heterogeneity was assessed using I2 statistics. The Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviewers and Meta-analysis (PRISMA) reporting guideline was followed. A total of 18,251 publications were identified, of which 15 met the inclusion criteria.
The prevalence of 55 long-term effects was estimated, 21 meta-analyses were performed, and 47,910 patients were included. The follow-up time ranged from 15 to 110 days post-viral infection. The age of the study participants ranged between 17 and 87 years.
It was estimated that 80% (95% CI 65-92) of the patients that were infected with SARS-CoV-2 developed one or more long-term symptoms.
The five most common symptoms were
- fatigue (58%),
- headache (44%),
- attention disorder (27%),
- hair loss (25%), and
- dyspnea (24%). [[[difficult or labored breathing]
All meta-analyses showed medium (n=2) to high heterogeneity (n=13). In order to have a better understanding, future studies need to stratify by
- previous comorbidities,
- severity of COVID-19 (ranging from asymptomatic to severe), and
- duration of each symptom.
From the clinical perspective, multi-disciplinary teams are crucial to developing preventive measures, rehabilitation techniques, and clinical management strategies with whole-patient perspectives designed to address long COVID-19 care.
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
Clipped from the PDF
The patient follow-up time ranged from 14 days to 110 days.
Six out of the 11 studies included only patients hospitalized for COVID-19.
The rest of the studies mixed mild, moderate, and severe COVID-19 patients.
Those who get COVID-19 after being vaccinated (breakthru) are 1/2 as likely to get long-haul - Sept 2021
New York Times reporting on Lancet
- The U.K. strategy has been sharply criticized. More than 120 scientists co-signed a letter in the Lancet medical journal on July 7, warning that rising infections could leave hundreds of thousands of people with illness and disability “for decades to come.” International experts joined their British counterparts online to sound a further warning on July 16.
- An estimated 962,000 people, or 1.5% of the population, have experienced self-reported long Covid symptoms in the U.K., according to data from the Office for National Statistics published earlier this month. More than a third of those said they’ve suffered for more than a year.
Body Politic - COVID-19 SUPPORT GROUP
11,000 members July 2021
There are lots of ways you support our group if you have not been infected with COVID-19, or have completely recovered.
- Request to join our Ally Support Network. We are especially interested in hearing from healthcare providers, wellness practitioners, lawyers, activists, and others with relevant experience in healthcare, chronic illness and disabilities, health justice, and emerging infectious diseases.
- Make a monetary contribution. Our support group is run by a dedicated team of volunteer admins, most of whom are also Covid-19 patients or survivors, or people with other chronic illnesses and disabilities. Your contribution will help us cover operating costs and compensate members of our team for their hard work.
- If you are a researcher interested in studying or collecting data on COVID-19 recoveries, please reach out to patient.research.covid19 at gmail.com. We will review survey submissions and research opportunities to share with the support group as appropriate
- Are you affiliated with a company or non-profit that can support this work in some way? For more information on partnerships, email info at wearebodypolitic.com with a short description of your organization or brand and how you would like to collaborate.
- Post-acute COVID-19 syndrome - April 2021 PDF 100 authors? Table of Contents
- Long COVID Treatment, Symptoms, and Recovery (Long Haulers) MedCram Video June 6, 2021 starts with the chart at the top of this page
- Podcast: Long COVID Questions AnsweredThe Atlantic May 6, 2021
- A third of Covid-19 survivors suffer 'brain disease,' study shows CNN. April 7, 2021
- "They found 34% of Covid-19 survivors received a diagnosis for a neurological or psychological condition within six months of their infection, according to the study published Tuesday in the journal Lancet Psychiatry."
- based on 236 379 survivors of COVID-19   PDF anxiety 17%. mood disorders 14%.
- Persistent symptoms 3 months after a SARS-CoV-2 infection: the post-COVID-19 syndrome? - July 2020
- Loss of smell lingers post COVID-19 Feb 24, 2021
- "More than 50% of health care workers infected with SARS-CoV-2 report that their sense of smell has not returned to normal an average of 5 months post infection"
- Longhaulers good description at COVID.US.ORG
- Symptoms and Functional Impairment Assessed 8 Months After Mild COVID-19 Among Health Care Workers - JAMA, April 7, 2021
- The researchers did not observe an increased risk for long-term symptoms after asymptomatic COVID-19
- PDF Note: Participants had blood sampling performed every 4 months - so their data may have included vitamin D levels
- How Should You Take Care of Yourself After You’ve Had COVID-19? ConsumerLab, April 20, 2021
- Affected individuals typically report experiencing one or more of the following symptoms: tiredness, difficulty concentrating, headache, loss of smell or taste, dizziness upon standing, heart palpitations, chest pain, shortness of breath, cough, muscle or joint pain, depression, anxiety, and/or fever (CDC, Post-COVID Conditions 4/8/21; Johansson, J Am Coll Cardiol Case Rep 2021; Perlis, JAMA Netw Open 2021; Boscolo-Rizzo, medRxiv 2021 — preprint). A surveillance study in England among 511 people who had recovered from COVID and 1,160 who were not known to have had COVID found that sensory (e.g., loss of taste or smell), neurologic (e.g., difficulty concentrating), and cardiorespiratory symptoms (e.g., chest pain, shortness of breath, palpitations) were more common among those with long COVID than those with no history of infection, while dermatologic (e.g., rashes, hives, or bruising), gastrointestinal (e.g., bloating, nausea, cramps), and mental health symptoms (e.g., depression or anxiety) were not (Amin-Chowdhury, medRxiv 2021 — preprint). The duration of long COVID is still unknown, but at least one study has reported altered taste or smell persisting for up to 12 months (Boscolo-Rizzo, medRxiv 2021 — preprint).
- ConsumerLabs June 2021 - 10% to 50% who recover, up to 76% if had severe COVID-19
- How Long COVID Keeps Us Sick Quanta Mag July 2, 2021
- "Over 60 clinics have opened throughout the country to treat and study PASC patients, and the National Institutes of Health has received over $1 billion to study the condition. "
- Protocol of treating long-haul with Ivermetin Mercola July 2021
- I-RECOVER — a long-term management protocol for long-haul syndrome
- Here’s what we know about kids and long covid MIT Review July 13, 2021 PDF
- "Children who contract covid-19 can have symptoms that persist for weeks or even months, but it’s not clear how frequently this occurs or which kids are at risk."
- "...researchers in Italy surveyed caregivers of 109 kids who had been infected and found that 42% of the children had at least one symptom two months after their diagnosis. Four months out, the number dropped to 27%. "
- "But data from the UK’s Office of National Statistics suggest that just 10-13% of kids who test positive for covid have symptoms more for than five weeks."
See also VitaminDWiki: COVID-19 treated by Vitamin D - studies, reports, videos
As of Oct 24, 2021, the page had: 34 trials, 6 trial results, 27 meta-analyses and reviews, 64 observations, 36 recommendations, 55 associations, 89 speculations, 48 videos see related: Governments, HealthProblems, Hospitals, Dark Skins, 26 risk factors are ALL associated with low Vit D, Recent Virus pages Fight COVID-19 with 50K Vit D weekly VaccinesTitle change made July 2021 caused the visitor count to reset.
There have actually been
|832 visitors, last modified 15 Sep, 2021,
|15944||Survey sample.jpg||admin 21 Jul, 2021 17:47||67.28 Kb||117|
|15943||long-haul symtoms survey March 2021 preprint.pdf||admin 21 Jul, 2021 17:47||509.12 Kb||66|
|15925||UK 1 in 3 suffering long haul for more than a year.jpg||admin 18 Jul, 2021 02:10||28.53 Kb||121|
|15912||Post-Acute ToC.jpg||admin 15 Jul, 2021 06:04||44.84 Kb||155|
|15911||Post-acute COVID-19 syndrome_compressed.pdf||PDF 2021||admin 15 Jul, 2021 05:58||2.14 Mb||65|
|15906||Can kids get long covid_ Here's what we know. _ MIT Technology Review_compressed.pdf||PDF 2021||admin 13 Jul, 2021 12:30||557.09 Kb||74|
|15425||JAMA long haul HCW.pdf||PDF 2021||admin 13 Apr, 2021 00:58||171.49 Kb||86|
|15400||6 month neuro.pdf||PDF 2021||admin 09 Apr, 2021 14:32||1.14 Mb||107|
|14952||Survey of Long-term COVID.pdf||admin 31 Jan, 2021 12:45||882.04 Kb||146|
|14948||Long Haul.jpg||admin 30 Jan, 2021 23:25||391.85 Kb||757|
|14947||More than 50 Long-term effects meta-analysis_compressed.pdf||PDF 2021||admin 30 Jan, 2021 23:24||807.04 Kb||5442|