The effects of vitamin D supplementation on ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) in 6–13 year-old students: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study
European Journal of Integrative Medicine, Vol 25, Jan 2019, Pages 28-33 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eujim.2018.10.006
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder treated by weekly 50,000 IU of vitamin D – RCT Nov 2018
- ADHD associated with both low vitamin D and poor Vitamin D receptor – May 2018
- ADHD in children 2.6 X more likely if low vitamin D – meta-analysis Feb 2018
- ADHD decreased by 11% for each 10 ng increase in vitamin D in early pregnancy – April 2015
- ADHD associated with significantly less Vitamin B12 – Sept 2018
Omega-3 may also help ADHD
- ADHD 2 times more likely if poor Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio – meta-analysis May 2016
- Omega-3 reduced violence in children and violence between parents – RCT May 2018
- Omega-3 and Vitamin D each treat many mental health problems - April 2018
ADHD increased risk with Glyphospate
- Glyphosate Use Predicts ADHD Hospital Discharges in the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Net (HCUPnet): A Two-Way Fixed-Effects Analysis Aug 2016
- Glyphosate Use Predicts Healthcare Utilization for ADHD in the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project net (HCUPnet): A Two-Way Fixed-Effects Analysis Jan 2016
- 15 Health Problems Linked to Monsanto's Roundup
ADHD: In farming communities, there's a strong correlation between Roundup exposure and attention deficit disorder (ADHD), likely due to glyphosate's capacity to disrupt thyroid hormone functions."
- Glyphosate and Vitamin D - many studies category listing has
26 items along with related searches
- Huge increases in health problems – risk factors include Vitamin D, Antibiotics, and Roundup
with low Vitamin D)
in a decade
Antibiotic Roundup Autism 250 % Antibiotic Roundup Diabetes 66 % Antibiotic Roundup Overweight kids 150 % Antibiotic Roundup Parkinson's 110 % might help Roundup Alzheimer's. 1000% might help Roundup Dementia ?% might help Roundup Multiple Sclerosis 70 % might help Roundup Alzheimer's ?? % Roun-2017 ALS deaths 60 Roun-2017 Celliac 100 % Antibiotic Roundup ADHD (LA schools) 230 % Roun-2017 IBD 200 % Antibiotic Roundup Kidney 120% - Roundup
Download the PDF from VitaminDWiki
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common mental disorder in children. Drug treatment is the most prevalent method used to control it; however, considering the low efficacy and frequent side effects of current drugs, more attempts are needed to replace them with safer agents. Several studies have shown the beneficial role of micronutrients such as vitamin D in development and improving the performance of neuronal system. This research intended to study the effects of vitamin D supplementation in 6–13 year-old students with ADHD.
In this double-blind parallel clinical trial, the subjects were selected from among 6–13 year-old students with ADHD diagnosed by a child psychiatry specialist. Vitamin D3 supplements (1000 IU) or placebo given daily to 70 subjects for three months. ADHD symptoms were evaluated before and after the intervention using Conners Parent Questionnaire (CPQ), the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire Teacher Version (SDQT), the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire Parent Version (SDQP) and Continuous performances Test (CPT) scores.
The mean scores of the CPQ, SDQP and SDQT showed a significant difference in the two groups after intervention (p < 0.05). The impulsivity mean scores of the CPT after intervention showed statistical significance (p = 0.002), but the attention (p = 0.11) and mean reaction time (p = 0.19) mean scores did not.
Vitamin D supplementation not only improves some behavioral problems but may prevent exacerbation in some symptoms of the disorder and reduce impulsivity.Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder impulsivity reduced by daily 1,000 IU of vitamin D – RCT Jan 2019
3448 visitors, last modified 20 May, 2023,This page is in the following categories (# of items in each category)
ID Name Comment Uploaded Size Downloads 10953 Glyphosate Use Predicts Healthcare Utilization for ADHD.pdf admin 01 Dec, 2018 19:10 1.64 Mb 773 10952 ADHD 1000 IU RCT.pdf PDF 2019 admin 01 Dec, 2018 18:42 516.46 Kb 772 10951 ADHD T3.jpg admin 01 Dec, 2018 18:42 28.60 Kb 580 10950 ADHD.jpg admin 01 Dec, 2018 18:41 40.42 Kb 537