Amestejani M, Salehi BS, Vasigh M, Sobhkhiz A, Karami M, Alinia H, Kamrava SK, Shamspour J Drugs Dermatol. 2012 Mar;11(3):327-30.
N, Ghalehbaghi B, Behzadi AH.
Orumieh University of Medical Science, Orumieh, Iran.
The role of vitamin D in Atopic Dermatitis (AD) is ambiguous and clinical trials are needed to assess the role of vitamin D in the treatment of AD. The aim of this clinical trial study to evaluate the effect of vitamin D supplementation on patients with AD.
MATERIAL AND METHODS:
sixty AD patients were included in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial study. They were randomly divided into two groups and treated for 60 days: group vitamin D (n=30), and placebo group (n=30). The two groups were as follows: Group D, 1600 IU cholecalciferol (vitamin D) and second group placebo. The severity of AD was evaluated based on SCORAD (Scoring Atopic Dermatitis) and TIS (Three Item Severity score) value by the same trained physician before and after the trial.
According to SCORAD and TIS value index in the vitamin D group showed significant improvement in patients with mild, moderate and severe AD (P<0.05) and in patients who the intake placebo, this improvement didn't showed (P>0.05).
Results mention that supplementation with oral vitamin D dramatically improved disease severity in AD patients.
Items in both categories Skin and Inflamation are listed here:
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) treated by 1,600 IU Vitamin D (again) – Meta-analysis Aug 2019
- Increased risk of atopic dermatitis with low vitamin D during pregnancy perhaps due to poor methylation – Oct 2018
- Atopic dermatitis treated by Vitamin D (in dogs too) - RCT Feb 2018
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) treated by 1600 IU of vitamin D – meta-analysis Dec 2016
- Atopic Eczema might be helped by Vitamin D – Review May 2015
- Dermatologists still not convienced that Vitamin D reduces atopic dermatitis – Review Dec 2013
- Eczema 25 percent more likely if low vitamin D– July 2013
- Atopic dermatitis dramatically reduced in Iran with 1600 IU of vitamin D – RCT March 2012
- Atopic Dermatitis and Eczema - many studies
- Atopic dermatitis worse for those with low vitamin D – Nov 2010
- Wikipedia which has the following image