Neurology Journal Editorial doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000002487
William B. Grant, PhD and Trond Riise, PhD
Publisher provided Free Excerpt
Chronic diseases are the primary cause of disability, morbidity, and death in Western developed countries. Many of these diseases are related to environmental influences including diet, smoking, and other lifestyle factors. Public health measures address some of these factors, and studies strengthening the links between environmental factors and health can be useful in this regard.
- 10 of the diseases are also associated with low Omega-3
- 7 of the diseases are also associated with low Vitamin D or low UVB
- It appears that all 10 of the MS associated diseases are associated with low Omega-3 and low vitamin D
- Omega-3 is synergistically associated with vitamin D
- It is very important that MS patients increase their levels of Omega-3 and Vitamin D so as to minimize getting the associated diseases
- Getting a lot of vitamin D has ''cured" > 1000 MS patients
- Multiple Sclerosis risk reduced 46 percent by Omega-3 derived from fish (1 gram) – Sept 2015
- Unsaturated Fatty acids important for both MS and Vitamin D – Oct 2012
- Diseases which are related due to vitamin D deficiency which has 3 more MS related diseases not mentioned in this editorial
Multiple Sclerosis ==> 2.6X increased Migrane Headache, web, full text online
Multiple Sclerosis ==> 2X more Fractures, web, full text online
Multiple Sclerosis ==> Fibromyalgia 2015
- Overview: Omega-3 many benefits include helping vitamin D
- Low Omega-3 reduces Vitamin D getting to the cells - click on chart for details
- How Common Is It To Have MS With Other Medical Conditions? Jan 2012 National MS Society
5 most prevelant: depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and chronic lung disease.
The most prevalent autoimmune diseases occurring with MS were thyroid disease and psoriasis.
Cancer:cervical, breast, and digestive system cancers.
higher than expected risk of meningiomas and urinary system cancers
lower than expected risk of pancreatic, ovarian, prostate and testicular cancer, compared to the general population.
Also: heart disease, congestive heart failure, stroke, arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, seizure disorders, bipolar disorder, sleep disorders, and alcohol abuse.
-  Download MS Cormorbid Review - Jan 2015 from VitaminDWiki
Very detailed list - with % indicence